Trump railing against Fauci

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
doggedlywriting.blogspot.com
So he's gone from whining about how much more popular Fauci is than he is to railing about what an idiot he is for, yanno, insisting Covid-19 isn't over and is in fact a dangerous virus. And Fauci has been here for, like, 500 years. I suppose for someone with Trump's Mayfly appointees, someone who has been working for the entire pandemic without being fired or replaced has been here 500 years. And of course experts who have spent their entire career studying pandemics and viruses and so on couldn't possibly know more about it that the failing President Trump.

He really brings to mind the entire concept of self esteem poisoning, doesn't he?

https://www.npr.org/?refresh=true

But Fauci is popular, even with Republicans, so even Trump realizes firing him could be problematic.

President Trump, who has for months been at loggerheads with public health experts on how best to contain the coronavirus pandemic, on Monday called Dr. Anthony Fauci a "disaster" and complained that Americans are tired of hearing from "these idiots," according to media reports of a call between Trump and campaign staff.

"People are tired of hearing Fauci and these idiots, all these idiots who got it wrong," Trump said on the call meant to discuss Election Day strategy, according to The New York Times.

"He's been here for 500 years," Trump reportedly said of Fauci.

"Every time he goes on television, there's always a bomb, but there's a bigger bomb if you fire him. This guy's a disaster."

Will this realization prevent Trump from firing Fauci before the election, or will he wait until after (regardless of the outcome)?

Any bookmakers here?

Last edited:

Introversion

Pie aren't squared, pie are round!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
This was inevitable after Fauci's 60 Minutes interview aired. Fauci didn't try hard to hide his disdain for how Trump has bungled the US' COVID response.

Odds are high that Biden will win by a convincing margin, even in the face of GOP vote-suppression headwinds. I'll be worried every day between then and January 20th. Trump is likely to want to burn everything down out of pique and revenge.

talktidy

Registered
Reaction score
but there's a bigger bomb if you fire him

Wasn't that supposed to be the quiet part not to be said aloud?

I feel sorry that Fauci and his family require a security detail to keep them safe. I can see Trump firing him, no matter what happens in the election. He just can't stand people around him, who will not kiss the ring.

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
doggedlywriting.blogspot.com
Wasn't that supposed to be the quiet part not to be said aloud?

I feel sorry that Fauci and his family require a security detail to keep them safe. I can see Trump firing him, no matter what happens in the election. He just can't stand people around him, who will not kiss the ring.

Yeah, it sucks that people are so crazy nowadays that they literally want to kill people whom they think make their inept POTUS look even worse.

I still don't get how threats to kill or do grave physical harm are considered "free speech," even in the US. If someone says, "I know where you live, and I'm going to come to your house and kill you and your family, M________r" it does not sound like something a reasonable person would interpret as simple hyperbole.

I'll bet that someone who said something like this to the POTUS would have "very special visitors" very soon.

cbenoi1

Banned
Reaction score
My bet: Fauci and Birx are on the way out after the election...

Trump’s Favorite COVID Adviser Goes on Kremlin-Backed RT to Blast Lockdowns as ‘Epic Failure’
https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/trump-favorite-covid-adviser-goes-040502831.html

Trump’s favorite COVID-19 adviser appeared on Russia’s state-controlled RT network late Saturday to declare the coronavirus pandemic mostly under control and insist that it’s actually lockdowns that are “killing people.”

If you die while on a ventilator after being infected by the coronavirus, it's because you stayed home for too long. Perfectly logical in Trump's World.

Scott Atlas, a neuroradiologist, was introduced on RT’s Going Underground as “one of the only two men the U.S. president apparently listens to on the pandemic.”

The other one being Kushner, a renowned US expert on infectious diseases.

Please admit it. You can't get any lower than that.

-cb

Last edited:

cbenoi1

Banned
Reaction score
That level of optimism is so 2017.

You will not believe me. I was watching CNN's Brianna Keilar discussing the upcoming Trump event with Kaitlin Collins on site and they both noticed that the background music that was playing was the theme song from Titanic.

How appropriate.

Last time it was the Rolling Stones' You Can't Always Have What You Want.

Shows that even Trump organizers know what's coming.

-cb