The Dark Tower: Fantasy Casting Thread

Beccorban

Registered
Reaction score
I loved reading The Dark Tower series last year and I loved every second of it (even the wobbles in Song of Susannah). Dark, humourous, terrifying, tense, and emotional, it was distilled King - a heady tonic.

To my dismay, the movie adaptation was an abomination, carrying over nothing from the novels other than the title. Like most who struggled through all 89 minutes, I believe it would be for the best if everyone involved forgot it ever existed.

Despite the failure of the film, I was very excited to hear about a TV adaptation based on Wizard and Glass, funded by Amazon. Unfortunately, earlier this year we learned that the pilot had left Amazon execs unimpressed and so they dropped it. Though it might not be as soon as fans like me would have hoped, I still believe that we will see a long-form Dark Tower series in the near future. King's world is rich and fascinating, and provides so much room for expansion and multiple series.

With that in mind, who would you cast if it was being made today? My partial list is below:

ROLAND DESCHAIN (The Gunslinger) - Thomas Jane
EDDIE DEAN - Aaron Paul or Alden Ehrenreich
SUSANNAH DEAN - Zoe Saldana or Sonequa Martin-Green
JAKE CHAMBERS - Noah Schnapp or a newcomer
OY (voice only) - Bill Hader
THE MAN IN BLACK / WALTER PADICK / RANDALL FLAGG / ETC - Michael Fassbender or Sam Rockwell
BLAINE THE MONO (voice only)* - Benedict Cumberbatch
THE CRIMSON KING - Ed Harris
JOHN FARSON - Ed Skrein
FATHER CALLAHAN - Sean Bean
MORDRED DESCHAIN - Jake Gyllenhaal

*if Andy Serkis was doing it, no doubt he would stick wheels to his body and have a production assistant push him around a mocap stage