Trump insists on scheduling his virtual town hall to overlap with Biden's

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
doggedlywriting.blogspot.com
Of course the networks would get better ratings if some people, at least, watch both. But NBC isn't budging, citing fairness. I wonder if it might actually be because Trump wants this, and he expects his ratings will be better, so he can crow about it later.

This can backfire spectacularly, of course, if Biden's ratings are better. And they well might be, as Trump is a known quantity by now, and more viewers are likely to be interested in hearing what Biden's approach to things will be. Of course will just claim any reports of being trounced in the ratings is "fake news."

https://variety.com/2020/politics/n...oGHJebTKXmMBO0bQrp4L5Cp8eT08_PAq0A2r0Zwd-mOb0

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
The instant that Trump dropped out of the town hall debate and ABC said, "Okay, then we'll just have one with Biden alone," I knew that Trump would schedule something at the same time--a national address was what I expected. Doing a competing town hall is a little better than I expected because it was immediately clear what he was doing, and those people who are honestly looking for a reason to vote for one or the other of them will probably gravitate to Biden, since they've been hearing from Trump for the past 4+ years.

And, indeed, it appears that more people tuned in to Biden on a single channel, compared to Trump who was playing on three NBC channels. If Trump wanted to prove he was more popular due to ratings, he failed.

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
I heard that during Trump's tirade, he said that 'he'd have to leave the U.S. if he lost, because he couldn't stand the thought of Biden being President'.
If this is true, perhaps someone on his staff explained that he couldn't just barricade himself in the Oval Office and refuse to leave? Maybe this is Trump with an exit strategy? "I'm not playing if you're not going to let me be boss?"
Maybe if you promised him a nice big parade it would solidify the 'I'm not sticking around where I'm not appreciated' idea?

Pterofan

Trust me, I'm a writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pterosnest.blogspot.com
Which reminds me of that quote from the movie Sleeper (paraphrased from memory): "When Nixon left, they had to count the silverware."

Let this serve as a warning.They'd better check his suitcases before they let him on the plane.

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
doggedlywriting.blogspot.com
Which reminds me of that quote from the movie Sleeper (paraphrased from memory): "When Nixon left, they had to count the silverware."

Let this serve as a warning.They'd better check his suitcases before they let him on the plane.

When Trump leaves, they'd better check the plumbing.

Far from draining the swamp, he has expanded it, and I'm pretty sure some of his denizens have taken up residence in the sewers beneath the White House.

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
Job one - check to make sure that any briefcase he takes isn't the nuclear 'football'.

Tazlima

Registered
Reaction score
Far from draining the swamp, he has expanded it, and I'm pretty sure some of his denizens have taken up residence in the sewers beneath the White House.

I know this is taking the phrase too literally, but as someone who lives in Louisiana, whenever I hear "drain the swamp," all I can think is, "No! A swamp is a delicate ecosystem that supports a lot of fragile species. Why would you destroy it on a whim?"

Kaiser-Kun

!
Registered
Reaction score
There's a mexican movie (La Ley de Herodes), which starts with a corrupt mayor attempting to flee a small, impoverished mexican town with a couple briefcases full of money, even stopping to loot the body of the accomplice he just killed. The villagers caught up and decapitated him before he got too far.