• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

80k Spiritual Fantasy with Political Intrugue (will swap)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SageChild

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a beta reader or critique partner for my completed manuscript: Intercessor Inchoate.
I mostly read fantasy, literary fiction, interested in crime and psychological fiction. I don't read YA. A romantic subplot is nice, but I probably wont be helpful to a romance.

This is the gist of the novel is:

Awoe is an amoeba who leaves his homeland to find a purpose true to himself. But his father finds him along the way, throwing him onto the path of Miriana's ascent. Awoe is caught between his duties as a friend to the newest Queen in the Ring, as a savior to the woman she has locked in her dungeon, and as a son. He can shapeshift for all of them, but he struggles to orient his mind to which of these three selves he can bear to live out for an eternity. He may have to live with the consequences forever, after all. Especially if he does not find a way to appease his father, whom an amoeba is disgraced without.

I'm looking for
- emotional reactions to the story
- impressions of the worldbuilding (what you find interesting, what doesn't make sense)
And I'm looking to gauge how easily a reader can follow each scene, since its written in Omniscient, with multiple POVs.

Its been through four drafts, but I'm looking for detailed feedback on the broad strokes, or otherwise anything that draws your attention.
If the story interests you please comment or PM me. Thanks!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.