Hello, Nice to Meet You!

RedHunters

Writeaholic
Registered
Reaction score
Hello, everyone. I'm a contemporary romance author aspiring to get traditionally published. I finished the first manuscript I actually like enough to attempt this with earlier this year, and I'm about to start writing another. I love reading books of almost all genres and I've always got something on the go. Early twenties, administrative assistant, likes coffee and Christmas and crisp autumn mornings. (And now you know I'm British!) I'm looking forward to connecting with you all.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Uh-oh. I must be British, too, even though I live in the US. Wait, that's not quite true. Christmas is a combination of terrific and stressful as hell, but coffee and crisp autumn mornings, hell yeah. I've got both right this moment.

Anyway, enough dithering. Welcome to you! (Be aware the site will be down later today. We expect to see you around soon after its return, okay?)

Maryn, former administrative assistant, glad you found us

Fallen

Stood at the coalface
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jacklpyke.com
'Nother UK author here (MM psych thriller romance). Good to see you here.

Who are your favourite authors in the romance genre?

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given out.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

Try stopping by Writing Exercises, Prompts & Whimsical Pursuits and give the Flash Fiction Challenge a try.

Famoustapu

Registered
Reaction score
Hi there! Welcome to the forum! It's nice to meet one of the future best romance author. See you around!

RedHunters

Writeaholic
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Maryn, thanks for greeting me! Haha, but don't you call those crisp fall mornings?

In any case, the key to a non-stressful Christmas is surely living in 2020, when we're all supposed to avoid each other and perhaps can use that as an excuse to avoid buying gifts for people too. Santa's just going to have to drop everyone's presents down the chimney this year...after he's sanitised his hands, of course.

RedHunters

Writeaholic
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Fallen, nice to meet you! Your genre sounds interesting. My favourite romance authors are Sarah Morgan and Trisha Ashley, and I've just discovered Eloisa James. Who are yours?

scribemeetsworld

Registered
Reaction score
Website
scribemeetsworld.com
Hi RedHunters,

I hope you get the pub deal that you're looking for!

Eloisa James is great; you might also want to check out Loretta Chase and Tessa Dare.

I call them "autumn mornings" too -- and I'm from the US. So I didn't think it was a UK giveaway ;)

Anyway, welcome!

RedHunters

Writeaholic
Registered
Reaction score
Hi RedHunters,

I hope you get the pub deal that you're looking for!

Eloisa James is great; you might also want to check out Loretta Chase and Tessa Dare.

I call them "autumn mornings" too -- and I'm from the US. So I didn't think it was a UK giveaway ;)

Anyway, welcome!

Thank you! I'll definitely check those authors out. Really, I've never heard anyone from the US call it autumn before! Looks like I'm going to feel right at home here among all these writers who call it autumn. ;)

Welcome to AW! :welcome:

Thank you! :)

kinokonoronin

Purveyor of Madness
Registered
Reaction score
Really, I've never heard anyone from the US call it autumn before!

Can't say for sure, but the usage of "autumn" vs "fall" probably has regional patterns in the US. Certainly we're I'm from (New England), we use both interchangeably. Both words are taught in primary school, though "autumn" is considered the more formal/correct of the two. New England has a vibrant autumn -- it's my favorite season to visit home.

And by the way, welcome! Hope you find inspiration here.

RedHunters

Writeaholic
Registered
Reaction score
Can't say for sure, but the usage of "autumn" vs "fall" probably has regional patterns in the US. Certainly we're I'm from (New England), we use both interchangeably. Both words are taught in primary school, though "autumn" is considered the more formal/correct of the two. New England has a vibrant autumn -- it's my favorite season to visit home.

Thanks for the welcome! That's really interesting, I didn't know both words were taught (at least in some places). If "fall" is the more informal word, perhaps that's why I see it so much in the media etc and have leapt to the conclusion that because it gets called "fall" you never call it "autumn". I've seen pictures of New England in autumn and it looks amazing!

TylerJK

Registered
Reaction score
Hello and welcome! I’m certainly no expert, but I’ve done my fair share of reading and writing. Let me know if you’d ever like to run any chapters by someone. Also, love fall mornings. As a Canadian though, I just have to try my best not to think about what comes after that lol

RedHunters

Writeaholic
Registered
Reaction score
Hello and welcome! I’m certainly no expert, but I’ve done my fair share of reading and writing. Let me know if you’d ever like to run any chapters by someone. Also, love fall mornings. As a Canadian though, I just have to try my best not to think about what comes after that lol

Thanks for the offer, will do if I need to :)

Ah, I don't envy you your winters!

Last edited: