COVID-19: Coronavirus, October 2020

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
NYT Video: US' successes in combating COVID*

* - just not in the US

This is an incredible video, it's not paywalled and no sign up required. It's guaranteed to make you more angry than you already are if that's possible. But it's also an incredible story of what the CDC has done for the world. The thinking used to be, before the red plague otherwise known as America First, that we had to address potential pandemics in the whole world if we wanted to protect the US.

Jersey Chick

Up all night to get Loki
Registered
Reaction score
in the state of carefully controlled chaos
Website
www.kimberlynee.com
Coming out of lurkdom to say our governor has announced we're in the second wave. He's not talking about closing what he reopened, but there's a good chance nothing else will open further.

I'm trying not to think about what sort of shape we'd be in if we had a president who was interested in actually being a leader and led.

Friendly Frog

Snarkenfaugister
Registered
Reaction score
Hello, lockdown, I see we meet again. *sigh*

It's an effin' three weeks overdue at least, but well... *sigh* Not sure if at this point Christmas is going to be 'saved'. Would that I could just hibernate and wake up next January or something.

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
Thinking good thoughts. Please check back in, when you're up to it, RedRajah.

RedRajah

Special Snowflake? No. Hailstone
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
My sense of smell is gone, still have taste. Fever and aches are gone, but I still have runny nose and scratchy throat...and now my husband is sick. :-/

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
Sh#t, we're locked down again.

Last edited:

neandermagnon

Nolite timere, consilium callidum habeo!
Registered
Reaction score
Sh#t, we're locked down again.

Yep. The England lockdown starts on 5th November. A Thursday. Weird choice of date... does BoJo fear a repeat of 1605? :ROFL:

On a more serious note, I'm concerned that a lot more people than usual will be having bonfires and fireworks at home due to the lack of public displays. I wouldn't want to be a firefighter that night. Also, more pressure on the NHS. And starting the lockdown on Thursday (instead of the more obvious choice of Monday) gives people time to buy fireworks.

Last edited:

neandermagnon

Nolite timere, consilium callidum habeo!
Registered
Reaction score
Wishing you both the smoothest of recoveries! Keep us posted how you're doing.

Same here. And anyone else who's ill.

My 14 yr old has just finished 2 weeks of isolation - a kid who's in one of the same classes tested positive. No-one's in my family's shown any symptoms. There's been a case at my other kid's school too, but my kid hasn't been asked to isolate so I'm assuming it's not a kid in the same class or "bubble".