Newbie from Texas. Howdy!

DezDunn

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.dezareadunn.com
Hello everyone!
My name is Dezarea. I am both a newbie writer and newbie to this forum. I have already hit a few pitfalls in my writing journey and I only (officially) started August 2019. I have questions upon questions! lol I am looking forward to growing here, and learning how to be a better writer. <3

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given out.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

Try stopping by Writing Exercises, Prompts & Whimsical Pursuits and give the Flash Fiction Challenge a try.

Kerry56

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums DezDunn. There are a lot of different sections, so I hope you find a few helpful. I've learned a fair amount in my few months here.

AW is the slowest forum I go to on a regular basis. It may take a while to load, but it gets there eventually, so patience is the key.

BTW, I'm from Texas also... out near Odessa, if you know that city.

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums, DezDunn. :Sun:

Last edited:

DezDunn

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.dezareadunn.com
Thank you, mccardey!

AW is the slowest forum I go to on a regular basis. It may take a while to load, but it gets there eventually, so patience is the key.

BTW, I'm from Texas also... out near Odessa, if you know that city.

Thank you for the welcome! I have noticed how slow it is. I will try to be patient. Lol. Yeah, I've been through Odessa. I live near Ft. Worth.

Last edited:

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
This thread explains about why AW is running slow

Link

scribemeetsworld

Registered
Reaction score
Website
scribemeetsworld.com
Hi Dezarea,

First off, let me say, what a beautiful name! Is there a story behind it (that you'd like to share)?

I read your bio. Congrats on winning NaNoWriMo and publishing your novel! Are you participating in NaNoWriMo this year...or are you taking a well-deserved breather after finishing your second book?

Also, I saw that you're an outliner (or plotter). I'm a big advocate for outlining. It saves you so much time in the long run -- especially if you are writing a series.