• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Creative Media Agency, Inc. (Paige Wheeler)

roswell1828

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you so much! Obviously, I completely missed their thread when I went through the list here ❤️

9Ford7

Registered
Reaction score
Creative Media Agency - Haley Casey, Assoc Lit Rep

Hi everyone,

I'm so new on here. But I gotta say to everyone, you all have been so fabulous on here with your wit, information, help, everything. Thank you. Here's my question: Haley Casey looks new. Looks like she has maybe one sale? Would you all be comfortable querying her or having someone new rep you? Yes I know, gotta start somewhere. Looks like Paige Wheeler did post on here? I would just like some assurance, ya know? And I can't find much info on Haley. Yes I know, she's new. Okay. Thank you.

roswell1828

Registered
Reaction score
I’m represented by Shannon Snow, also part of CMA. And I absolutely cannot rave enough about her or the agency. Shannon is very hands-on, communicative, and really . . . everything I wanted in my “dream agent”. Shannon speaks very highly of Haley and, being I know Shannon well, that says volumes. ❤️

Reactions: 9Ford7

9Ford7

Registered
Reaction score
I’m represented by Shannon Snow, also part of CMA. And I absolutely cannot rave enough about her or the agency. Shannon is very hands-on, communicative, and really . . . everything I wanted in my “dream agent”. Shannon speaks very highly of Haley and, being I know Shannon well, that says volumes. ❤️
Oh my gosh, thank you! Thank you!!

roswell1828

Registered
Reaction score
Oh my gosh, thank you! Thank you!!
I also wanted to say, about being repped by a “new” agent, here’s the thing. There are pros and cons to a new agent and an established agent. I was offered rep by both. I chose Shannon because during “The Call” my gut screamed she was the one. Where, on my call with the very well-known and established agent, my gut wasn’t saying that. Not at all. A new agent is just as hungry as you are to sell the book. They also don’t have the same amount of clients, so they can devote more time to you vs an established agent who, rightfully so, will be more focused on their existing clients, the ones that make them money. Never forget, as much as we look at writing as an art, publishing is a business. Bottom line. Anyway, my two cents on the matter, for what they’re worth. Always listen to your gut. ❤️

ruthlesswhims

Registered
Reaction score
I also wanted to say, about being repped by a “new” agent, here’s the thing. There are pros and cons to a new agent and an established agent. I was offered rep by both. I chose Shannon because during “The Call” my gut screamed she was the one. Where, on my call with the very well-known and established agent, my gut wasn’t saying that. Not at all. A new agent is just as hungry as you are to sell the book. They also don’t have the same amount of clients, so they can devote more time to you vs an established agent who, rightfully so, will be more focused on their existing clients, the ones that make them money. Never forget, as much as we look at writing as an art, publishing is a business. Bottom line. Anyway, my two cents on the matter, for what they’re worth. Always listen to your gut. ❤️
Not yet represented myself, but unless publishing is unlike most other walks of life, I would assume a new agent housed within a respected agency is a little bit the best of both worlds: you get someone hungry, with a support crew around them who want to help them help you succeed :)

JackieMcMahonWriter

Registered
Reaction score
The Creative Media website states: " If you have interest or an offer, please make sure you check in with us so that we can have an opportunity to review and respond."

Does this mean you should notify them if you have other full MS requests? I have an outstanding query with Paige and three other agents have my full atm, so I don't know if this statement indicates she wants a nudge.

Brigid Barry

Under Consideration and Revising
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The Creative Media website states: " If you have interest or an offer, please make sure you check in with us so that we can have an opportunity to review and respond."

Does this mean you should notify them if you have other full MS requests? I have an outstanding query with Paige and three other agents have my full atm, so I don't know if this statement indicates she wants a nudge.
An offer is an offer of representation or publication. But they say "interest" so I would also nudge them for a full request.

Reactions: JackieMcMahonWriter

Stormshine

Registered
Reaction score

This is a weird one to me as well, but I think this is more about offers than it is informing them about fulls.
I received a partial request from a CMA agent the same day that I received an offer from a different agency. After the call, I ultimately decided not to accept the offer. So I ended up not nudging anyone.
But I've since received another request and wonder if I need to mention anything to the CMA agent. I'm leaning towards no.

Reactions: JackieMcMahonWriter

JackieMcMahonWriter

Registered
Reaction score
This is a weird one to me as well, but I think this is more about offers than it is informing them about fulls.
I received a partial request from a CMA agent the same day that I received an offer from a different agency. After the call, I ultimately decided not to accept the offer. So I ended up not nudging anyone.
But I've since received another request and wonder if I need to mention anything to the CMA agent. I'm leaning towards no.
Yeah, it's definitely phrased weirdly. "Interest" is too vague for my anxiety's liking

I'm leaning towards not nudging and just seeing what happens.

Reactions: Stormshine