Trump's Tax Returns

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
If you guys are unhappy that Trump hasn't paid enough taxes and if the IRS has not penalized him for underpayment of taxes, then you should blame the tax code, not Trump.
Anybody here paying more than required by the tax code? I'm not.
Gregg, how do you feel about the tax level he's reported to have paid?

Also - how do you feel about paying tax in general?

(I'm just trying to see where you're coming from with that statement, not trying to be offensive.)

Last edited:

JJ Litke

People are not wearing enough hats
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jjlitke.com
Let me guess... the response from his fervent supporters will be, "So what? If I could get away with paying only $750 a year in taxes, you bet I'd do it. Four more years!"
If you guys are unhappy that Trump hasn't paid enough taxes and if the IRS has not penalized him for underpayment of taxes, then you should blame the tax code, not Trump. Anybody here paying more than required by the tax code? I'm not.
Well that didn't take long.

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
If you guys are unhappy that Trump hasn't paid enough taxes and if the IRS has not penalized him for underpayment of taxes, then you should blame the tax code, not Trump.

Can't speak for anyone else but the fact he's been bilking taxpayers, getting bribes from dictators, showed a couple of his 1040s a while back telling voters he paid in millions when it turns out those are the years he later claimed unreported expenses, got a ~$75 million refund that the IRS is now disputing was valid (the so-called never ending audit), has $400 million dollar loan that is coming due with some unnamed loan holder meaning he could easily be compromised....

Is that enough for starters?

Last edited:

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
doggedlywriting.blogspot.com
Interestingly, in my experience being surrounded by his supporters, they rarely talk about him at all. The more nasty things are revealed about him, they less they've spoken about anything he says or does.

Rather, the conversation goes: Boy, those liberals are really pulling out all the stops! Do you know what they said now?!

It's like Trump has become this figure that things are done to, rather than an actor himself.

This is an astute observation, I think. There's been this narrative all along that the left is just sooooo mean to him, that they just hate him for the sake of hating him, and that they just relentlessly and viciously attack the poor dear because we're tired of winning or something.

Seriously, for such an "alpha male" bully he spends a lot of time whining about how mean people are to him, doesn't he?

I've also noticed Trump supporters on social media are still talking about how dumb Biden is because of a gaffe he made when he was debating in the primaries. If that's the most recent dumb thing Biden has said, he's waaaaay up on their guy.

Strangely enough, many of us Democrats have been complaining about the tax code for decades and wanting to reform it so the rich don't end up paying less (in both real and relative dollars) than normal folks. Shit like this is one of many reason we're Democrats and not Republicans.

However, there's a lot more there than ridiculously underpaid taxes. That's really just the tip of the iceberg in that report, as others have already pointed out up thread.

Another issue is that with all the conflicts of interest and large loans coming due (and his companies not doing so well) he's a potential national security risk.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...16b096-01b5-11eb-897d-3a6201d6643f_story.html

Last edited:

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score

You've been here 11 years, and you've been doing the same schtick the entire time.

Your practice is to make a one line post, without citations, or, occasionally, completely inadequate poorly researched links, and then to simply not respond to your peers' questions or counters.

You aren't meeting the expectations to participate in ACE. You're posting assertions without substantiating them with reputable citations.

You're not engaging; you're merely asserting.

And I'm done discussing it with you.

cbenoi1

Banned
Reaction score

The state of the US tax system is besides the point.

Trump got elected under the "billionaire who knows better" banner and his tax returns shows a man who doesn't know how to make a buck. Ten years out of fifteen, no less. And to stay afloat he had used all sorts of stratagems like getting tax credits for his haircuts, or having his daughter Ivanka double-dipping as both a high-paid consultant on her father's real-estate projects AND getting paid as an executive.

And this, apparently, is only the tip of the iceberg.

-cb

Last edited:

Kaiser-Kun

!
Registered
Reaction score
This is an astute observation, I think. There's been this narrative all along that the left is just sooooo mean to him, that they just hate him for the sake of hating him, and that they just relentlessly and viciously attack the poor dear because we're tired of winning or something.

I've being seing a facebook post getting dragged about how it's the democrats fault for Trump being elected and how the poor republicans are forced into voting for him because they can't stand the liberals.

Lyv

I meant to do that.
Registered
Reaction score
I checked with my husband, in case it slipped my mind, but he assures me we've never committed tax fraud.

Trump ranting that it's "fake news" is his go-to lie, and he never follows it up by his releasing proof, the tax form or DNA sample that would supposedly prove him right.

Introversion

Pie aren't squared, pie are round!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I checked with my husband, in case it slipped my mind, but he assures me we've never committed tax fraud.

Oh c’mon, who hasn’t inflated the value of their collateral by millions of dollars when securing a personal loan? :tongue

I think the Democrats should side-step around the issue of whether the NYT releases show that he committed fraud. He likely did.

Instead, they should attack what this says about his business acumen. He’s a terrible businessman. He’s so far in debt that liquidating all of his properties likely won’t cover what he owes. He’s not a billionaire. His net-worth appears to be negative.

Because Trump lives and breathes on the reputation his stint on reality TV gave him. His ego needs to believe that image. His supporters clearly believe it. So attack that facade. Expose the rot beneath. Because it’s truth, it may dent his support (any downturn helps), and it’ll drive him nuts.

I really hope Biden hits him with this in the debates, and Trump rages out on live TV.

Last edited:

Ari Meermans

MacAllister's Official Minion & Greeter
Registered
Reaction score
That Trump is a liar, cheat, fraud, and conman isn't the "big reveal" in the NYT's series of articles; the amount of his indebtedness—private as well as business—is. That debt load, particularly the personal debt, makes him vulnerable to influence, both domestic and foreign and prior knowledge of that enormous debt load should/would have flagged him as a major national security risk. Which, by the way, we've seen but now it's confirmed.

I'm just a simple country girl but my thoughts are absent a requirement that candidates for the highest positions in government be subjected to security screenings, providing financials (including tax returns) for a specified period of time should be mandatory. For one thing, such a requirement would likely reduce the number of felonious individuals running for those offices. It has been claimed that this would be a violation of candidates' privacy. Well, yanno, they'd know that going in . . . so? And, really, who is naive enough to have any expectation of that level of privacy anymore?

cbenoi1

Banned
Reaction score
Instead, they should attack what this says about his business acumen. He’s a terrible businessman. He’s so far in debt that liquidating all of his properties likely won’t cover what he owes. He’s not a billionaire. His net-worth appears to be negative.

Had he started a career in finger painting back in 1988, we would ALL be in a much better position.

Donald Trump Would Be Richer If He’d Have Invested in Index Funds
https://fortune.com/2015/08/20/donald-trump-index-funds/

Donald Trump’s net worth has grown about 300% to an estimated $4 billion since 1987, according to a report by the Associated Press. But the real estate mogul would have made even more money if he had just invested in index funds. The AP says that, if Trump had invested in an index fund in 1988, his net worth would be as much as $13 billion.

That's a shitload of haircuts.

-cb

Last edited: