• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Wanted: Beta Reader for Urban Fantasy novel: Taming of the Few

Status
Not open for further replies.

greendragon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.greendragonartist.com
I just finished the latest draft of my newest WIP and need a few good beta readers!

It's not yet been grammar edited (though I write pretty clean), so I'm not looking for detailed grammar feedback yet. I'm still in the 'do the character arcs work? How's the action in this scene? Does the ending piss you off?' stage.

Taming of the Few is Urban Fantasy, book 1 of a trilogy, set in mostly modern day. Clocks in at 104,544 words. For now. (it was 116,000 before my edits!)

Six people from around the world travel to Ireland to be part of the PHAE, Protectorate for unHidden Assistance and Education, an organization formed to help those who have developed unusual powers after the magnetic pole shift finally completed.

Let me know if you're interested!

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm interested. Maybe you'd also be interested in a trade?

Mine's YA/NA sci-fi (not hard sci-fi—lots of tech but no major military hardware or things like that—, no wars, no chosen one) set in a nearby solar system where humans have colonized a planet there. I can tell you more if you are interested.

Send me a PM.

TulipMama

Registered
Reaction score
Howdy, I'd be interested as well. I'm a big fan of Urban Fantasy, but I don't read super fast (I have much IRL nonsense that takes my time from me) but if you're okay with it taking me a few weeks, I'll happily take a boo.

Fair warning: I have very little experience in Beta reading, but I'll give you my honest opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.