Lifelong Writer, New Member

Whitestone22

Registered
Reaction score
Hello, All,

Like so many I'm sure, I've been writing since I learned the alphabet. I'm a hip hop artist, so much of my writing up to this point has been heard, not read. I've also been blogging for over a decade, with a hiatus somewhere in that time frame, which recently came to an end. Wrote my first book and published it last month, and I've got lots of different interests. Professionally, I'm an online educator, so I wrote a guide book for a popular learning management system. One of my blogs focuses on politics, another on beer and homebrewing, and a third that focuses on education as the blog for my education services company. I have lots of different ideas for books, and see my future truth being wide open in the literature world, writing everything from children's books (multiple in the works) to history books for young readers to non-fiction for adults.

My favorite authors are Chris Hedges, Ralph Nader, Roald Dahl, Gary Paulsen, Ray Bradbury and Bill Bryson. As a history teacher, my favorite book would probably be Uncle Tom's Cabin...I can still hear Aunt Chloe.

I'm a frequent forum contributor to HomeBrewTalk, and look forward to contributing just as much here. Thanks for reading!

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given out.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

Try stopping by Writing Exercises, Prompts & Whimsical Pursuits and give the Flash Fiction Challenge a try.

Whitestone22

Registered
Reaction score
This is a lot great information. Thanks for providing it! I'm definitely going to check out the "Writing Exercises" page later today. Sounds fun.

Thanks again!

Chase

It Takes All of Us to End Racism
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:, Whitestone. World class intro. Teachers are terrific and make a difference. :greenie

Splashy

Registered
Reaction score
Hello, Whitesstone22,

That is so cool that you're a hip hop artist and a history teacher (class sounds like it would be fun). I haven't written as much as you and I'm fairly new at it. The diversity of what you do really stands out showing that we don't have to be tied down to just one topic.

Woollybear

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, Whitestone.

I once brewed a batch of Russian Imperial Stout that was phenomenal.

Sadly, I was pregnant at the time so my husband got to drink it.

roboCarnival

Registered
Reaction score
Chris Hedges' War is Force that gives us Meaning still stands out to me as one of my favorite pieces of non-fiction.

Earthworm Jim

Registered
Reaction score
Cool introduction. You seem to have many strings to your bow. I look forward to seeing them. Pleased to meet you.