• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] Ash Literary (Alice Sutherland-Hawes)

Professor Yaffle

Registered
Reaction score
A quick spin through her website says she's come from Madeleine Milburn, which is a reputable UK agency, and I recognise a few of the people she represents as putting good work out there (Poonam Mistry in particular - her illustrations are so gorgeous). So while I can't speak from direct experience, I'd be inclined to try querying. Hope that helps!

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
I agree. She has all the right background and some good clients.

Medazza

Registered
Reaction score
She’s not in my genre but I’ve followed her on social media. She’s legit- has just taken the brave decision to strike out on her own. Good luck to her

arkady

Registered
Reaction score
This was on their Submissions page as of today (01/16/2021):

"We are currently closed to submissions for the foreseeable future. Unless requested directly, through #DVpit or #kidlitGN, submissions sent during this time will be deleted unread."

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Lo! Reopened to queries Jan '22.

Stormshine

Registered
Reaction score
Got a full request from Paula Weiman today. I hadn't planned on querying UK agents, so I'm not as familiar with them, but I got a pitdark like from her. She's a new agent, but the founder of the agency appears to be very legitimate on Publisher's Marketplace.

Editing to add: I used my standard US-style query letter. In case anyone was wondering if that would matter to this agency.

Last edited: