Whistleblower: Forced Sterilization at ICE Concentration Camps

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
A whistleblower complaint filed Monday by several legal advocacy groups accuses a detention center of performing a staggering number of hysterectomies on immigrant women, as well as failing to follow procedures meant to keep both detainees and employees safe from the coronavirus.
The complaint, filed on behalf of several detained immigrants and a nurse named Dawn Wooten, details several accounts of recent “jarring medical neglect” at the Irwin County Detention Center in Ocilla, Georgia, which is run by the private prison company LaSalle South Corrections and houses people incarcerated by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). In interviews with Project South, a Georgia nonprofit, multiple women said that hysterectomies were stunningly frequent among immigrants detained at the facility.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/...s-happening-at-ice-facility-whistleblower-say

I think it is safe to say, that we are, in fact, the baddies. Those doctors need to lose their licenses and lots of people need to go to prison for human rights violations.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
This Administration just keeps taking page after page out of Hitler's playbook.

Kaiser-Kun

!
Registered
Reaction score
Not even pretending anymore. I expect news about mass executions by December.

Last edited:

Tazlima

Registered
Reaction score
Not even pretending anymore. I expect news about mass executions by December.

Why execute when you could use them as guinea pigs for Covid treatments? Someone has to check the efficacy of bleach and oleander.

(Sarcasm... but not really, as horrific medical experimentation in concentration camps is a time-dishonored tradition. I wouldn't be surprised if it's already occurring. Appalled, yes, but not surprised).

Kaiser-Kun

!
Registered
Reaction score
As an interesting thought, we'd need to ask why the women in these camps are being forcefully sterilized. In my opinion it has everything to do with the rampant sexual assault that happens here and how they want it to keep happening with no consequences. We might be looking not at a concentration camp, but at a Rape Camp.

cbenoi1

Banned
Reaction score
Sounds like some maniac on the fringe of a private prison with a few helpers on the inside. This is almost straight out of of a Reacher novel. I thought Lee Child's villains were way over the top.

-cb

Last edited:

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
As an interesting thought, we'd need to ask why the women in these camps are being forcefully sterilized. In my opinion it has everything to do with the rampant sexual assault that happens here and how they want it to keep happening with no consequences. We might be looking not at a concentration camp, but at a Rape Camp.

I am so nauseatingly afraid you just got the answer right.

cbenoi1

Banned
Reaction score
I am so nauseatingly afraid you just got the answer right.

It might also be a case of racists wanting to make sure those women do not give birth on US soil. Ever.

Welcome to Georgia.

-cb

CWatts

down the rabbit hole of research...
Registered
Reaction score

Brightdreamer

Just Another Lazy Perfectionist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
brightdreamersbookreviews.blogspot.com

It might also be a case of racists wanting to make sure those women do not give birth on US soil. Ever.

My guess is both.

Plus general cruelty and viewing the Other as an object, an insect to pluck the legs off of for personal amusement and empowerment... And given how these people seem to find ways to monetize their worst instincts, I wouldn't be surprised if there was cash changing hands under the table somewhere incentivizing this.

cbenoi1

Banned
Reaction score
... for personal amusement and empowerment...

Those who do this take a great amount of personal risk; this is by any definition a criminal activity. That takes some form of protection, some in the form of silent approval, or by giving a helping hand at cooking the books some or distorting some facts or the timeline. Nobody puts oneself under the proverbial guillotine for someone else's personal amusement.

You do this and the other things because you share the same common values.

It's called racism.

-cb

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
doggedlywriting.blogspot.com

cbenoi1

Banned
Reaction score
I can't find a report that actually gives the doctor's name, however, which is strange.

I've yet to see or read anything on the major news outlet. The current news cycle is focused on Sally and Trump's firehose of lies about the virus and climate change, so it may take some time.

-cb

CWatts

down the rabbit hole of research...
Registered
Reaction score
I keep thinking I saw something yesterday that named the doctor, but I can't find it now so it may have been spurious or removed.

The Intercept has named the doctor. He has a history of Medicaid fraud.
https://theintercept.com/2020/09/15/hysterectomies-ice-irwin-whistleblower/

ETA - also this from NBC News:
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/latino...s-detainees-immigration-jail-georgia-n1240110

The doctor, who three lawyers identified as Dr. Mahendra Amin, practicing in Douglas, Georgia, has continued to see women from the Irwin County Detention Center for the past several years despite complaints from his patients.
Amin was the subject of a Justice Department investigation in 2015 for making false claims to Medicaid and Medicare. As a result, he and other doctors involved paid $525,000 in a civil settlement, according to the Justice Department.

If true, he is an utter scumbag, but this will get even uglier when you add Islamophobia and even more racism to this shitshow.

Last edited:

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Welcome to Georgia.

-cb

I'll see you and raise you one:

This guy has a past history of Medicaid fraud. This is from the Intercept article:
Amin was previously taken to court for making false Medicaid claims. In a case filed against him, other doctors, and Irwin County Hospital in the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Georgia, the government alleged that the hospital was billing Medicaid for obstetric ultrasounds, even if they weren’t necessary. The case was dismissed as part of a settlement, in which the hospital and nine doctors, including Amin, paid more than half a million dollars to the government, but did not admit any liability....

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website

darkprincealain

Registered
Reaction score
I’ve seen unsourced allegations that they know the name of the doctor (and the suspected doctor named) on Facebook. I think it is high time Facebook be held to a higher standard of gate keeping. Could get the man I saw (there were pictures and a work address) killed. Doxxing is not ethical, regardless which side of the fence you play on.

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
More on this topic. The number of women claiming they got unwanted procedures while in ICE detainment is increasing, and one was almost deported to Cameroon, a country she left when she was 2.

Pauline Binam was nearly deported Wednesday by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement to Cameroon, a country she left when she was 2 years old. Binam, now 30, was on the tarmac when members of Congress say they intervened.

"It felt like ICE was trying to rush through her deportation," said Rep. Pramila Jayapal, a Democrat from Washington state. "I can't say that for certain, but all of this is extremely troubling."

https://www.npr.org/2020/09/16/9136...-who-says-she-got-unwanted-surgery-while-deta