• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

L'Oste Vineyard Press (John Peragine)

RJMax96

Registered
Reaction score
I saw this group liking pitmad tweets, and might submit to them. Does anyone have any information or history? I can hardly find anything on him online.

zmethos

from words to worlds
Registered
Reaction score
Website
mpepperlanglinais.com
When they say they can do things like:

Writing, Coaching and Editing
Marketing and Development
Book Cover and Media Design
Website and Social Media

for you, I wonder if they will charge you for it?

Cephus

Registered
Reaction score
When they say they can do things like:

Writing, Coaching and Editing
Marketing and Development
Book Cover and Media Design
Website and Social Media

for you, I wonder if they will charge you for it?

How much they will charge you for it. I'm sure the question of whether they will or not, the answer is yes.

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Another pandemic start-up.

The press has three books listed, but only one (a novella, by an author who is deceased) is currently available. A look at that book's first chapter on Amazon reveals a need for more careful editing (grammar and punctuation errors). The principal of the company, John Peragine, is listed as the editor.

They've been generating a lot of internet noise about their upcoming winter release - a kid's book called Max and the Spice Thieves - which happens to be written by Mr. Peragine.

Their covers range from not-great to pretty good (unsurprisingly, Mr. Peragine's book has the nicest cover). There is no staff listed although the press refers to "we" and "us" in speaking of its services. On LinkedIn, Mr. Peragine is listed as CFO of the company and Katherine Peragine is listed as CEO. I am assuming they are a married couple. Mr. P's resume is heavy on freelance writing work and an educational background focused on music; Ms. P's resume also includes freelance writing and jobs with a realtor, in environmental education outreach, and a number of jobs in theatre. Her BA is in Literature, Science and the Arts. Neither resume reflects any experience in running a trade publishing company.

The skimpy website is geared toward authors, not readers. There are the aforementioned services, which one would assume are fee-based and raises the question of whether an author who wishes to be published by this press would have to pay for the privilege.

I would give this one a miss, at least until they have a proven track record.