• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Reverie Literary Agency

Clairels

Born at sea
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.princessofpirates.wordpress.com
She currently has one client listed, published with Nine Star Press, who I don't think pay advances. She seems upfront about her background/experience, which doesn't seem to be extensive. Overall, I think she sounds well-intentioned but inexperienced. She wouldn't be at the top of my list of people to query, at least until she shows a better track record of sales.

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
On LinkedIn, her resume shows her currently employed as an editorial assistant with Holloway Literary - a small press based in Raleigh, NC - where she's been since January 2019. (She's also been a domestic violence advocate in that same time frame.) Backing up through her CV, there's a non-publishing job, then four years as a senior staff reader with E&GJ Little Press (the publishing arm of a nonprofit, producing the anthologies Spark, Ember and Zetetic). For eight months (overlapping her E&GJ employment), she was also an editorial intern with Creative Media, a small (2 agents) but reputable agency in NYC.

Given that Nine Star doesn't pay advances, and that there have been complaints about low sales from their authors, having her lone client published there means she's probably not making any money at the agenting biz right now. My guess is that she has launched this agency as a side gig. Given that, along with her lack of experience, I'd probably wait to submit to her.

Sonya Heaney

Registered
Reaction score
What on earth does this mean?

Reverie Literary Agency is designed for writers who dream of traditional publishing but hate dealing with traditional literary agencies.

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
Maybe it means you should think of all the things a 'traditional' literary agency is supposed to do for you, and expect none of them?:Shrug:

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Site's gone. Per last Tweet (4/5/21):

Please note: Due to some unforeseen circumstances, Reverie will be closing down for the time being. I do not have access to the email right now and am working to figure out how to get that sorted. In the meantime, please accept my deepest apologies while I try to sort this out.

Reactions: mrsmig