WHERE exactly do I post EXCERPTS of my autobiography for opinions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Professorjpj

Banned
Reaction score
Im usually on facebook.. But where do I go to post SNIPPETS, and excerpts of my unique Autobiography in this website for opinions on content, writing style, voice, and readability(NOT grammar police)? I havent a single clue...

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hi there :) We have a section for critique called Share Your Work where you can create a thread of your own in the Memoir/Autobiography page once you've made 50 substantive posts elsewhere on the boards. Have a look at the FAQs, and read the Newbie's Guide to find out how the place works.

Welcome to AW

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hello, Professorjpj. McCardey's right on the money in directing you to the appropriate Share Your Work board and what's required to post your work for feedback. It's a really good idea to offer feedback to others as part of the fifty post requirement to post your own.

But a heads-up is in order, too. When people give critique, it's on the whole, which includes any grammar gaffes. So it's wise to make it as error-free as you can.

Maryn, pleased to meet you

Last edited:

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given out.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

Try stopping by Writing Exercises, Prompts & Whimsical Pursuits and give the Flash Fiction Challenge a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.