FtM detransition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zimin

Struggling to finish any story
Registered
Reaction score
First of all, English is not my native, so please forgive me my mistakes. T_T Also I'm having a bad feeling that this topic can trigger some trans-related discussions, so please keep in mind that this was not my intention. I'm not using he/she here because said character have issues with their identity.

So lets say we have A, who was born as a woman and started taking testosterone way before they got a chance to go through female puberty (yeah, this is not about healthy and sane transition). So no breast, no wide hips, no periods – they immediately ran into male puberty and kept on taking testosterone for 20+ years without medical prescription, doctors' guidance or whatsoever. Any possible health issues were taken care of underground.

Then, 20+ years later something like apocalypse started. Medical supplies are short and A can't find enough hormones to keep taking. So, questions are:

1) How long would it take before anyone will notice anything? Would doses cut like in half or even quarters do the deal and at least keep male fat redistribution and stuff? I know low voice and facial hair won't go anywhere, just talking about reversible changes here.

2) With ovaries still in their place but never got to do their job, will they have a chance at all to recover and start working without medical support? If so, will A go through female puberty – I mean, sure, bones can not be altered once first puberty is over, but can breast still grow? Will their periods start after a while?

3)All in all, what would be better for A's health: keep taking as much testosterone as possible under this conditions or just give it up and hope that their own estrogen will be enough? What aftermaths for their health should be expected in both cases?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.