September 2020 Challenge - Write Every Day!

Morgan_R

they/them
Registered
Reaction score
Day 29

90 minutes on the WIP. It's pretty much done, I'll just spend my time tomorrow proofreading.

I'm not thrilled with it, but I'm going to run it through my writers' group. Maybe they can help.

Cindy: Nice work!

The Second Moon: Glad you're feeling better!

Chase: Fun! And kudos for sitting down and getting a few words, even when you weren't feeling good.

Keithy

Just keep swimming
Registered
Reaction score
Cindy – nice to see you in the 1K club. There’s something about 4 figures that means good job.
Morgan_r – almost done is so good.
Chase – 14 is better than 13. We all have bad days.

My progress
1000 words (exactly) on Dustworld. Initial target being 800, then pushed on till over the line.

Non-writing

Attic got boarded and I put all of our rarely used crap up there. Including schoolwork from when I was seven. Hilarious to read.

Last edited:

Cindyt

Gettin wiggy wit it
Registered
Reaction score
Website
growingupwolf.blogspot.com
Day 29

Word Count - 457

Dress Her in Chameleon - Spot edited Chapters 44 - 49. Done with Part Five. On to Part Six: Thunderbirds tomorrow.

A Deadly Spill of Scarlet - Finished Chapter 28 and began 29.

Chase - You did something, that’s what’s important. Hope you got a good sleep.

Morgan - WTG on 90 minutes

Keithy - It does feel good. Woot on 1k even!

inspector

Registered
Reaction score
Last week I was really productive. I managed to write a few pages! I was really glad. This week was kind of busy so far, so I didn’t have time to write on Monday and yesterday…today seems to be less busy, and I hope I’ll manage to write more or less one page during the evening…it’s actually a good plan to stop writing when you still have something in mind…that makes it a lot easier to start writing the next day! But it's amazing how fast a month can go by! I am glad that I have made some progress after all! :)

The Second Moon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
mimistromauthor.com
Day 29 - 1726 words.

Yesterday I thought of the perfect title for a short story I was working on: "Rusted Wreaks" It's about a robot MC and his robot friend trying to save the MC's boss from being kidnapped. Things only get harder when the robot friend ends up being purposely rusted from one too many rust-causing beverages and now can't move so great and kinda isn't thinking straight because of the temporary rust. They end up going to a old sunken ship and the friend cracks a joke, saying that he relates to the sunken ship because they are both "rusted wrecks".

I can never think of clever titles like that! I feel so smart right now.

Anyways, thank you all for wishing my health the best.

ChaseJxyz

Writes 🏳️‍⚧️🌕🐺 and 🏳️‍⚧️🌕🐺 accessories
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chasej.xyz
Morgan: Great progress!
Keithy: Nice even number :)
Cindy: Thanks, I did so
Inspector: Always leaving yourself with a cliffhanger is the best way to get going the next day! Glad you were able to make some good progress
Second Moon: Sounds like a good title :)

29th: 1,004 words

Took a looooot of Benadryl yesterday. My roommate is having bad allergies, too, so lots of having the windows closed and fans running.

sandree

Registered
Reaction score
I’ve gotten a bit done. Book promo, some writing in my preliminary scenes, a lot of pondering about where this book is going. I wake up with ideas - love that! Somehow football may make an appearance in my space opera. That’s a surprise, as I dislike sports but one of my new characters appears to have other ideas.

Woollybear

Registered
Reaction score
Quick end-of-month check for my own accounting. Did OK, all things told.

Next month, I am not playing along officially but will read for flow, continue workshopping, and hope to reach out to a few early beta readers.

Writing is rewriting, baby.

XX 1. Properly "chapterize" the manuscript (I've marked the breaks. Call it a win for now.)

XX 2. Work on Alphonse's altered conscious dream state sequences (Sort of; call it a win. They are drafted and inserted.)

XX 3. Add in a bunch of emotional exercises from Donald Maass's handbook (my goal is 30 additional emotional cues/passages) (YES!! Done.)

XX 4. Character voice: I've brought in characters from new areas of the world, and I need to hammer down their speech patterns a little better. I was reading The Celebrated Jumping Frog of Calaveras County yesterday, and while I don't want to use that character voice it really reminds me of how powerful voice is. (YES!! Done.)

XX 5. (Free square, collect 200 dollars) (YES!! Done.)

6. Separate from the writing I have four sort-of-marketing things that need to happen; two author interviews and two podcast guest thingies. The interviews will take a few hours each to really get the answers where I want them and the podcast thingies will take some energy as well. (Three down. 75% yes.)

XX 7. By the end of the month I hope to begin reading through for flow again. (YES!! Done.)

Carrie

Registered
Reaction score
Greetings!

WoolyBear—You rock! And you’re right. Revision is writing.

Sandree—What? You think you get a choice in this? Glad you’re waking up with ideas. I love that too.

Chase—Good words!

Keithy—Good work on an even 1000. I used to always stop at even numbers. I’m in recovery.

Morgan—Congrats on the finished thing!

Second Moon—Hope you are feeling well!

Cindy—I’m excited to attend a workshop. I have attended two in the past and they were both game-changers.

Morgan—I didn’t know you were doing NaNoWriMo! I am still determining if I will be far enough along on the current book to do that or not.

I didn't get here yesterday because I got so busy and only wrote 540 words. Today, however, I got 2740 on the book and a column for a total of 3340!

It’s been great fun interacting with you all this month. I probably won’t be here next month as I am doing this workshop and a bunch of other marketing type stuff. Keep the faith, keep writing, thank you for all your kind words and encouragement.

Layla Nahar

Seashell Seller
Registered
Reaction score
Keithy - 1K! Nice :)
Cindy, congrats on the 457
Hello Inspector and welcome
Moon - congrats on the 1.7K!
Chase - Benadryl is the only thing that works for me - congrats on the 1K
Sandree - nice work :)
Woolly - hello!
Carrie - great work

Day 30

WIP - added words
R/SC - called the healthcare for a tax form and just got moar confusion... Went to the bank, went out on my bike to look at the moon
BP/$$ - four housemate emails, some tidy/sorting

Morgan_R

they/them
Registered
Reaction score
Day 30
30 minutes on the WIP. Done for now, pending feedback.

I also wrote a 150 word piece of flash fiction just now, so I guess that's two stories finished in September.

Keithy: Nice count! And it sounds like you're having fun.

Cindy: Good work!

inspector: Glad you've been able to make some progress!

The Second Moon: Very nice wordcount, and nice job on the title!

Chase: Nice wordcount!

sandree: Sounds like you're making progress!

Woollybear: Glad you're giving yourself a passing grade!

Carrie: Very nice wordcount! Hope you can do NaNo!

Layla: Yay words!

Everyone: It's been lovely hanging out with you folks. Thank you for all the words of encouragement along the way. I'm going to bow out for October and November, or rather, for Preptober and NaNoWriMo. Maybe I'll see some of you around, but if not I should be back in December. Keep putting in the time and getting those words!