Help with the explore cam, not AW related so let me know if it isn't appropriate

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Suddenly my explorecam video wouldn't show up saying there was some error related to youtube play.

This is the error message "An error occurred. Please try again later. (Playback ID: FuGOPQrDbwJjSYvd)
Learn More"

"Learn more" leads to: Google support
I tried everything they suggested except restarting my router.

Everything else on the web page was working including comments and previews.
Youtube videos elsewhere play with no trouble.
I rebooted the computer.
I rebooted Chrome.
I rebooted explore more than once including logging out and back in. It won't run when I'm logged out either.
It runs in Safari but it's awful because you can't look back more than 60 seconds.
I cleared the cookies.

I was in tears, it's one of my locked-in escapes.

Finally I tried running it in an incognito window and it worked! I dried my tears.

There's some loading glitch somewhere that wasn't fixed with all the rebooting. I hate going back and forth to an incognito window but at least it's workable.

Any ideas how to find and repair such a limited glitch?

I know it's a long shot but some people in this forum are incredible computer geniuses, I thought I'd ask. Thanks in advance.

Edited to add, turns out it's affecting embedded Youtube videos elsewhere. I can play them on Youtube, but embedded videos that played before now get the same error message.

Last edited:

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
1. Log off You tube.

2. Clear your cache and cookies

Completely shut down your browser, including closing all tabs and windows before you Quit.

Reboot your computer

Log back in and try

* Try using Chrome or Firefox if that still doesn't work

Post the URL here so we can try, in case it isn't a local problem with you/your computer/your connection

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks. I'm going to do all that.

How am I logged on to Youtube? I just open their webpage but I haven't signed up for it.

And does clearing cookies also clear the cache? I save my passwords when I clear cookies.

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks. I'm going to do all that.

How am I logged on to Youtube? I just open their webpage but I haven't signed up for it.

And does clearing cookies also clear the cache? I save my passwords when I clear cookies.

Post the URL please; that would help a lot.

I don't know how you/if you are logged into YouTube, but since you're getting YouTube errors, that's suggestive that there's a connection.

If you're logged into Google or Gmail with an account, that same account can be used by YouTube.

No, clearing cookies is not the same as clearing your browser cache; everyone needs to know how to do both.

Your browser uses a cache, a local collection of downloaded data from pages. This helps load pages more rapidly because the same thing isn't downloaded repeatedly. But if there's a problem with a site, and your browser is looking at the local cache, it can make a problem linger that on the actual site is no longer a problem.

ChaseJxyz

Writes 🏳️‍⚧️🌕🐺 and 🏳️‍⚧️🌕🐺 accessories
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chasej.xyz
Do you have any sort of extensions installed on your browser? Especially ad blockers or privacy blockers? That could be why it works in incoginto and not your normal browser.

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
https://explore.org/livecams/orcas/orcalab-base

I tried closing all my tabs and Chrome including the incognito window. I closed Google including my gmail and unsubscribed to the three Youtube subscriptions I had no idea I was subscribed to. I cleared the cookies and rebooted.

Nothing changed. But I did find that I could log into my skeptics forum in the incognito window including signing in and the embedded videos played. It's so weird. I just hope I can keep seeing my explorecams in the incognito window. I keep worrying it will stop. I have not signed into Discus (used on explore to post comments). I don't want to chance it. No one will care that I haven't posted any comments.

I'm going to have to take a look at the PC page later tonight as I have some paperwork I need done before 8 am. But hopefully the answer will be there.

Thank you so much for helping me troubleshoot this.

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Do you have any sort of extensions installed on your browser? Especially ad blockers or privacy blockers? That could be why it works in incoginto and not your normal browser.
I do use an adblocker and malware protection. But it runs in the incognito window too. And viewing the explore cam was never a problem before. It stopped while I was watching the cams when I switched from the orcas to the osprey cam then none of the cams worked.

And the embedded videos in my skeptics forum quit working at the same time.

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
So weird, after all my efforts (thanks again everyone), I was ignoring the problem for a few days, now all of a sudden it's working again! And I didn't do anything from when it wasn't working to when it was.

Oh well, problem solved for now.

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
I suspect it was an issue with the browser cache, which will eventually purge itself as you browse the web.

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well that's interesting and it makes sense. I still have the PC tab open. I will read it before I close it. I'm just so happy it's back.

There's still no update on the condor check Iniko. But now I can post comments. I was afraid to log in on the incognito page.