Steve Bannon arrested.

shakeysix

blue eyed floozy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shakey6wordsmith.webs.com
For fraud? I am shocked! Stunned! Flabbergasted! Just kidding. Our President is scheduled for a news conference in about an hour. Cannot wait to hear how he handles the questions on this. Common sense says that he will say he had no knowledge of this and was not involved. This is actually true because it was a private go fund me scam to help build THE WALL. (Although Kansas Boy Made Bad, Kris Kolbach, is on record saying Trump urged private citizens to donate to the fund to help out with the all important WALL.)

I am filing this under HOPE. Only the best people? It is a black eye no matter how he spins it. And I am betting Trump will find a way to defend Bannon.

Last edited:

Lyv

I meant to do that.
Registered
Reaction score
Link

Federal prosecutors in New York announced Thursday that Steve Bannon, President Trump's former White House chief strategist, has been indicted along with three others for allegedly defrauding donors to a $25 million fundraising campaign to build a wall along the southern border.

Acting U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York Audrey Strauss said Bannon, Brian Kolfage, Andrew Badolato and Timothy Shea were arrested Thursday morning. Bannon, 66, was taken into custody by agents from the U.S. Postal Service, a law enforcement source said, and is set to appear before a federal judge in Manhattan. The indictment was unsealed Thursday morning.

Emphasis mine.

He is the sixth close associate of the president to face federal charges since 2017.

darkprincealain

Registered
Reaction score
I guess I’m not really that surprised, having had a coworker whose brother in law was an Inspector General for the Postal Service. ����*♂️

Cobalt Jade

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm so happy! He was like Trump's Albert Speers.

Kaiser-Kun

!
Registered
Reaction score
Best part is, no minorities were harmed by this idiotic crusade, except for the dumb-dumbs who fell for this obvious con. I talked to several of them while their phony wall was "under construction", and when confronted about how their tiny bit of wall wouldn't stop a single mexican, they answered that it was more of a symbolic gesture.

It was an empty show to entertain morons and cheat them out of their money. How's that for symbolic.

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
He learned from Trump how to live off donations. Maybe he missed a lesson.

Newt Gingrich and Tom Delay made a good living off campaign donations by paying their own companies for campaign work. Trump does the same. Look at where he spends campaign donations and you'll see them going back to the Trump Organization for various services. And Trump did it for years using Mar-a-Lago to hold charity events. He only got a wrist slap for that one.

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
doggedlywriting.blogspot.com
I am filing this under HOPE. Only the best people? It is a black eye no matter how he spins it. And I am betting Trump will find a way to defend Bannon.

Defend him? Trump would drop his own child down a mine shaft if they become inconvenient to him. And he and Bannon fell out quite a while back.

In fact, he's playing the "social distancing" card there.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/08/20/donald-trump-steve-bannon-arrest-399313

As for that border wall, it can't even stand up to a good, stiff wind.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-51307868

Last edited:

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh dear. I wonder who's going to write the book? I want to pre-order it.

shakeysix

blue eyed floozy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shakey6wordsmith.webs.com
Taken in custody from a Chinese billionaire's yacht? Blood sucking MAGA simpletons to live the high life? Just like the NRA, draining the bank accounts of MAGA fools to live in luxury I see more investigations on the horizon. ." Oh, these is good times. These is good times." --G. Brooks.

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
A criminal after Trump's own heart.

There were earlier reports today that he wasn't going to and I dismissed them as not-Trump-like. Whereas Trump often waffles on these things (maybe based on who last talked to him). But he's usually predictable in the end.