Practice, Practice, Practice

InkFinger

Registered
Reaction score
As the Erotica-SYW sub-forum continues to grow, it occurs to me that the primary growth is practice. We are more active. More posts over the summer than in the last three years. One of the drivers is a joint agreement to have weekly writing prompts. These encourage our group to write something at least once a week. I suspect that most of the regulars are writing quite a bit more, but we are definitely working on our skills at least weekly. That's how it is for me. I give an hour, maybe two, to a short piece once a week. It's great practice. And we do have readers and commenters.

It's great place to grow.

Come join us.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, what creepy horror movie has a child saying, in an eerie voice, "Join us"? Is that Children of the Corn, maybe, or something older?

While I wait for the answer, I'll echo InkFinger. Whether you're considering (or already trying your hand at) erotic fiction, or just want to be less squirmy writing that intimate scene in your not-erotica fiction, there's a place for you to improve your skills.

Besides critique that's genuinely helpful for many, the writers there can advise you on the words to use for various body parts, how and how much to describe genitalia and sexual activities, words and phrases to avoid, getting deeply into the head of your POV character's experience, and other useful bits.

So come on by, take a look around, and see if there might not be something that will make you a better writer.

Maryn, who continues to learn