The bio paragraph

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nonicks

Banned
Reaction score
Hi!

I've always struggled with the bio paragraph. Sometimes I don't even include it in my query letter, but I know I should. But honestly, I don't have anything interesting that I can include. I'm a Software Engineer and clearly it has nothing to do with writing (needless to say I haven't published anything). What should I do?

Thanks in advance!

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Hi!

I've always struggled with the bio paragraph. Sometimes I don't even include it in my query letter, but I know I should. But honestly, I don't have anything interesting that I can include. I'm a Software Engineer and clearly it has nothing to do with writing (needless to say I haven't published anything). What should I do?

Thanks in advance!

If you don't have anything relevant to say, don't say anything.

When I first queried in 2013, I included nothing for a bio - the housekeeping was word count and genre, full stop. I don't remember my stats, but I got a number of partial requests and two full requests, one of which resulted (eventually, after an R&R) in an offer.

This is for fiction, of course; AFAIK in non-fiction you're expected to have some sort of relevant experience to mention.

Status
Not open for further replies.