Did the Trumps donate to Kamala Harris' 2014 campaign for CA attorney general?

Introversion

Pie aren't squared, pie are round!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yes. Yes, they did -- both the Prez ($6000) and Ivanka ($2000) donated to that "nasty woman", LOL.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/trump-donated-kamala-harris/

Snopes said:
True

In widely shared tweets, NBC News correspondent Tom Winter claimed that Trump had twice contributed to Harris’ election campaign, in 2011 and 2013, donating a total of $6,000. Winter also said that Trump’s daughter and advisor Ivanka Trump had herself donated $2,000 to Harris’ campaign in 2014:

Those claims were accurate. Records available through the campaign finance database on the website of the California secretary of state show that Trump made two contributions to Harris’ 2014 campaign for reelection as California attorney general: a $5,000 donation on Sep. 26, 2011, and a $1,000 donation on Feb. 20, 2013. Harris first took office in January 2011, which means Trump contributed to her reelection when she had already been in office for eight months, and two years, respectively.

In March 2019, The Sacramento Bee reported that a spokesperson for Harris’ presidential primary campaign had said she “donated the $6,000 Trump had contributed to a non-profit that advocates for civil and human rights for Central Americans,” with the newspaper adding that Harris’ donation of the money took place in 2015.

We contacted spokespeople for both Harris and Biden, requesting further details about that claim, including the name of the charity in question, and the date on which Harris purportedly donated $6,000 to the charity. We did not receive a response in time for publication.

darkprincealain

Registered
Reaction score
Something will come out about this in further detail, of that I’m sure. It seems where 45 is concerned there is always an ulterior motive.

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
Considering that the amounts involved are pretty much chump change for Trump, it may be as simple a motive as wanting to be able to say, "Ah, yes, I supported her!". Or, "Hey, I supported her, why is she dissing me now?" Just a token amount on a potential up and comer. $6000 is hardly enough to count as a bribe.

Prozyan

Are you one, Herbert?
Registered
Reaction score
Trump also donated to the Clinton Foundation and Bill and Hillary were guests at Trump's wedding.

In all the above, including the OP....so what?

Last edited:

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
I remember how when I found out that Bernie Sanders took $38000 from the NRA to get elected, even though I'm a hater it was easy to see the circumstances behind it and I never considered him a puppet of the NRA. When Nelson Pellitz, a billionaire Trump donor gave Tulsi Gabbard $5800, I continued to think she was a total tool but also a grown-ass woman who wasn't accountable to him under any circumstances. When I found out that Jill Stein took money from Amazon, McKinsey, and Lockheed Martin to fund her 2016 campaign, I continued to dislike her but could come to the reasonable conclusion that rich folk, corporations, and lobbies like to fliff out 5000 to 50000 dollar increments to pretty much everyone all the time and people running for office take that money.

But, no no no, this is different. Trump, who's famous for chasing clout on both coasts and wasn't a Republican at the time, is clearly orchestrating something and I'm sure there was a master plan and not something he put <one femtosecond of thought into. That's my theory, if anyone else has one they'd like to state directly and not just insinuate I'd be interested in hearing it.

BTW, I *think* Intro's point here is that it's silly how Trump is now criticizing Harris even though he donated to her, there's a story like this every election cycle and usually the right takes it seriously while the left just giggles.

Last edited:

Introversion

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
BTW, I *think* Intro's point here is that it's silly how Trump is now criticizing Harris even though he donated to her, there's a story like this every election cycle and usually the right takes it seriously while the left just giggles.

Yes, you got my intended meaning. :hooray: Trump apparently likes “nasty women” after all?

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
Well, apparently his affections were spurned, because he's back to 'birtherism'.
https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/news...ala-harris/ar-BB17YGHM?li=AAggFp5&OCID=FIRPLC

He has now decided that being undisputably born in the US isn't enough - how
dare Kamala Harris even think of being in the chain of succession when (drumroll, please) her parents were immigrants and not citizens when she was born. I have never heard that you needed anything but to be born in the U.S. to aspire to the highest office.
BTW, he couches it in his usual mealy-mouthed terms: 'I have heard', 'It's worth looking into', 'maybe it is, maybe it isn't'. So he can plant the idea in his followers' heads, while denying it if people shout it down. Shout, Americans, shout!

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
Something will come out about this in further detail, of that I’m sure.

In case I wasn't clear enough, I really want to understand your certainty here, and what precisely you think is happening. I hope this is not me sealioning and I am willing to respect what you have to say and then leave it alone, but I really feel like if this statement is left to stand then it requires more clarity as to what your position is.

I recall you were also suspect about Feinstein's financial dealings and I respect your reply on that thread but did not get the direct answer I was hoping for. I think we're all trying to do better on the Current Events board and I am no role model in this respect, I also don't think that you own me an answer in particular but it's going to be a rough ride for everyone if insinuations are what we choose to traffic in.

Last edited:

Introversion

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
He has now decided that being undisputably born in the US isn't enough - how
dare Kamala Harris even think of being in the chain of succession when (drumroll, please) her parents were immigrants and not citizens when she was born. I have never heard that you needed anything but to be born in the U.S. to aspire to the highest office.
BTW, he couches it in his usual mealy-mouthed terms: 'I have heard', 'It's worth looking into', 'maybe it is, maybe it isn't'. So he can plant the idea in his followers' heads, while denying it if people shout it down. Shout, Americans, shout!

He should stop tiptoeing and say what he really objects to: “She’s a black woman”. His supporters would laud his honesty, and the rest of us already know.

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
doggedlywriting.blogspot.com
He should stop tiptoeing and say what he really objects to: “She’s a black woman”. His supporters would laud his honesty, and the rest of us already know.

He doesn't for the same reason racist people in general usually don't come right out and say they don't support BLM because they don't give a shit about cops murdering black people, and maybe even approve (so instead say things like "all lives matter" or make outraged posts about news stories about white people who are murdered by black people and supposedly no one cares or reports on it). It's not quite socially acceptable to be overtly racist (or even overtly sexist) at this point, so they have to cloak their real views behind dog whistles and try to change the focus so the conversation is ostensibly about something else, even though it really isn't. And politicians know that they will lose at least some votes if they just come right out and say what their most racist constituents are thinking, so again, the oblique attacks and dog whistles.

Last edited:

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
He won't because it goes against his narrative he's done more for black people than anybody else ever has in history.

darkprincealain

Registered
Reaction score
In case I wasn't clear enough, I really want to understand your certainty here, and what precisely you think is happening. I hope this is not me sealioning and I am willing to respect what you have to say and then leave it alone, but I really feel like if this statement is left to stand then it requires more clarity as to what your position is.

I recall you were also suspect about Feinstein's financial dealings and I respect your reply on that thread but did not get the direct answer I was hoping for. I think we're all trying to do better on the Current Events board and I am no role model in this respect, I also don't think that you own me an answer in particular but it's going to be a rough ride for everyone if insinuations are what we choose to traffic in.

I understand why we would want to be clear, here, and not traffic in insinuations. This time I fouled up. I forgot how rich 45 is and assumed this was a big donation. To me it’s funny to question when authority figures do something hypocritical like donate to Kamala and criticize her a few years later like in this situation. My post went too far. I’m sorry.

In the Feinstein thread, I think I gave as clear an answer as I’m capable of giving, without further information that didn’t make its way into what I had read.