I am New and This is My Introduction

Afalstein

Registered
Reaction score
Website
afalsteinjdkloosterman.wordpress.com
My pen name is Afalstein JD Kloosterman, which I'm considering revising because it seems a bit goofy. I've sold several short stories in fantasy and sci-fi to various publications, and I'm finally coming down to self-publishing my first novel (trying to crush my hopes as much as I can in readiness). I generally write speculative fiction, I don't think I've written anything that's just straight fiction. And I think fantasy is my particular love; I know that's the one I tend to read the most (Lord of the Rings, Chronicles of Narnia, Harry Dresden)

I beta read, but mostly in exchange for someone else beta reading.

As far as hobbies go, I like to draw and play video games. I'd consider myself pretty well versed in teaching and medieval history, but that's about it.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given out.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

Try stopping by Writing Exercises, Prompts & Whimsical Pursuits and give the Flash Fiction Challenge a try.

MsVibey

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome! Fellow newbie here too. And I absolutely love your pen name! Goofy is great if you also come up with an author persona that fits - I mean: Lemony Snicket, right?