The entire Harvard Classics Collection, in Kindle form, $1.99

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Wow. As in, Wow! Thank you very much for pointing this out.

I'm amused that Amazon is recommending I let them direct me to new works by Benjamin Franklin.

Maryn, who got hers

spoonlamp

Registered
Reaction score
Wow, that is a fantastic find. A quick check on Amazon UK shows the same (I think - 71 books, same title) offer available for the folks this side of the pond.

Here's a link to the Amazon UK Harvard Classics Collection on Kindle for Ā£0.49. Yes, 49 pence! Let me know if the link doesn't work, it seems very very long...

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I will freely admit that there's a great amount here it's clear I will never read, but there's some I might. The price certainly can't be beat.

Maryn, the only one in the family without an advanced degree (but I still beat them all at Scrabble!)

Chris P

Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've been enjoying this collection, by the way. I did find a version that was $0.49! Anyway, I would never otherwise have read Dr Faustus, Epictetus, Phedre, or the others otherwise. I was disappointed the Canterbury Tales are in the original English, which I found too hard going. Wealth of Nations was enlightening, just as flawed in the original as the modern adherents continude to apply it, but now I understand the interior logic so much better, particularly in light of the 250 years of history since its writing.

PastyAlien

Space butthole
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
helfrich.ca
What a steal! Worth it for The Origin of Species alone. Also: Faraday. šŸ˜ I got it for $1.68 (Canadian).

Thanks for the tip! And for the link to the TOC.