Tyler Perry Studios - An outlook into the new Hollywood

cbenoi1

Banned
Reaction score
Hollywood and scheduled TV shows are nothing short of a close-contact superspreaders in a pandemic world. But they don't have to be. Tyler Perry from the studios of the same name sat down with people in the know and figured it out.

How Tyler Perry’s ‘camp quarantine’ fended off the pandemic during filming of ‘Sistas’
https://www.latimes.com/entertainme...rantine-battled-pandemic-to-complete-shooting

At his so-called “camp quarantine,” Perry implemented a 30-page list of conditions including frequent testing and sequestering cast and crew for “Sistas” at his sprawling Atlanta studio, which is on the site of a former army base.
So how did he fare? Perry said his experience was successful and that there was no COVID-19 outbreak during production. But he had to go to great lengths to make that possible — and there were hurdles along the way.

His recipe? Quarantine. Testing. And if you have read in the details and watched videos from other media on the Tyler's efforts - masks, hand washing, aggressive social distancing. And contact tracing, which is very efficient when the number of cases is low.

One takeaway for Perry was how effective masks can be at preventing the spread of the virus. A driver became infected with the disease but none of the crew members who drove around with him in a car got sick because all had been wearing masks, he said. “We traced all the people that were in the car with that person. ... Everybody in the car wore masks and did the right thing, and none of those people were positive,” Perry said.

A 30-pages playbook. Stringent processes. Discipline.

And masks.

-cb

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
Tyler Perry for President! Trump and Kanye are all bluster, no action! Tyler Perry, he's your man!
'Stringent processes,
Discipline and
Masks'
Excellent slogans for conquering COVID. Or, starting a kinky night-club.

Last edited:

Brightdreamer

Just Another Lazy Perfectionist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
brightdreamersbookreviews.blogspot.com
'Stringent processes,
Discipline and
Masks'
Excellent slogans for conquering COVID. Or, starting a kinky night-club.

Po-tay-to, po-tah-to... ;)

I've seen a few photos from sets going into production now - masks on everyone, they only come off actors right before a scene shoots and go right back on after (not sure how that works with makeup)... Not everyone has the resources or, frankly, the commitment that Tyler Perry demonstrated here, though. I think, especially as this grinds on (and, not coincidentally, actors and other industry workers get more desperate for paychecks in a very lean job market all around), we're going to see lots of good intentions get sidelined in the rush to produce on a pre-quarantine level. I've read some actors' Twitter feeds expressing concern about where things go from here - and the lack of concern by those higher up in too many instances.

Layla Nahar

Seashell Seller
Registered
Reaction score
I remember seeing the #masksforall video from the Czech Republic back in around March/April. That convinced me.