Axios' Trump interview

Introversion

Pie aren't squared, pie are round!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The full-length version is up on HBO, and also here on Youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaaTZkqsaxY&feature=emb_logo

I found it hard to watch. Not only because the sound and sight of the man has become repulsive to me, but also because I know as bad as Trump's performance is here, this interview will change no minds. Trump supporters will see a reporter "unfairly badgering" the President. Trump detractors will just see another reason why the man is deeply incompetent to hold the office.

Brightdreamer

Just Another Lazy Perfectionist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
brightdreamersbookreviews.blogspot.com
I can only watch the briefest of clips of that man for the same reason as you, and I agree that I doubt any minds can be changed... though "I Don't Vote" still has far too many supporters, and if any of them change their choice of candidate, maybe it will have done some good.

My mother watched more of it, and claims that several times he had a look in his eye she remembered from her father during his descent into dementia, the panic and confusion of not understanding where one is or what's going on or who these people are or what's being talked about.

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Trump supporters will see a reporter "unfairly badgering" the President. Trump detractors will just see another reason why the man is deeply incompetent to hold the office.

If it cheers you up at all, the Aussie sector will all see Norman Swan's little boy and think Oooh he did turn out nice, though, didn't he? Just like his dad.

:granny:

Sonya Heaney

Registered
Reaction score
Yes, here in Australia we're having a great big, proud moment. I didn't know anything about Jonathan Swan until now, but I've read that Trump thinks they have a special pally relationship going on, and that he gets information leaked to him in advance. I'm guessing that won't be happening anymore. There's nothing Trump hates more than being mocked on social media.

When Trump started waving those pieces of paper with ridiculous graphs on them around I lost it. The one with the coloured bars ... It was like a child who thought he was participating in the grownup stuff.

Friendly Frog

Snarkenfaugister
Registered
Reaction score
I watched a tiny piece and then quit, like Introversion, I no longer have the stomach for long exposure. The faces the journalist pulled were hilarious, though, here's a man who can't believe through what crazy rabbit hole he just fell down. He made a worthwhile effort to cling to sanity.

I did however watch the video where they transposed the parrot sketch over the interview, which was really well done and equally informative in a way.

Last edited: