• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[ezine] The Voyage Journal

E.F.B.

Stories, stories everywhere
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
I searched the forum and Writer Beware and didn't find any mention of this place. Anyone heard of/have experience with/have thoughts about Voyage? https://thevoyagejournal.com/

It seems like they may be brand new. Their submissions guidelines are really straightforward and nothing else on the site raises my concern*, but their Submission Grinder page shows only pending submissions since late June. No indication of acceptances or rejections.

*But I'm not an expert, nor do I play on on TV :p

Last edited:

E.F.B.

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
It's been over a year, so thought I'd check once more to see if anyone has experience with the ezine, Voyage?

They're still around and still no mention of them by Writer Beware. Their Submission Grinder page certainly has more data than when I last checked, but also doesn't appear to show any acceptances at all this year, and I'm not sure what to think about that.

hester

New year, new avatar.
Registered
Reaction score
Hi E.F.B! I've entered a few of their contests. They're very professional and respond in timely fashion. One of these days I'm hoping to submit a short story for their consideration (if I can get past my current writer's block, LOL!)

Reactions: E.F.B.

E.F.B.

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
Hi E.F.B! I've entered a few of their contests. They're very professional and respond in timely fashion. One of these days I'm hoping to submit a short story for their consideration (if I can get past my current writer's block, LOL!)
Good to know, thanks!

Reactions: hester

Paul Lamb

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.paullamb.wordpress.com
Their listing on Duotrope suggests a legitimate outfit. Actually, they have several listings for their different focuses. And their response rate reported there is high, including a 4% acceptance rate, which is pretty good in this business.

Based on that (alone), I'd say they're a safe bet.

Reactions: E.F.B.

E.F.B.

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
Their listing on Duotrope suggests a legitimate outfit. Actually, they have several listings for their different focuses. And their response rate reported there is high, including a 4% acceptance rate, which is pretty good in this business.

Based on that (alone), I'd say they're a safe bet.
That's great, thanks! I'd stumbled over the Duotrope listing but wasn't previously familiar with that site to know what it meant. Now I know.🙂