Already August - 500 words a day writing/editing - all genres welcome

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
erinkendall.wordpress.com
Yeah, I can't believe it, can you? How'd you do in July? Did you make your goals? Or did you fall a bit short? Do you need a shoulder to cry on or some cheers? We're here for you!

Last edited:

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Apart from poetry and some Oubliette words because my muse is weird that way, I got some preliminary work done and started chopping scenes and that's it on The Vanishing. Which is progress. Just not much else. I don't really see that changing for the next few weeks at least as I have 2 proofreading jobs, my usual author assistant work, and an extra project I took on from an author friend I do freelance work for on occasion.Oh, and i am taking an Esperanto class too. Ten weeks. Very excited.

So, yeah, I'll be busy for a bit. Hopefully in the latter part of the month things will calm down. Still waiting for the doctors' offices to get their heads out of their collective butts so I can get my MRI. It'd be nice to get some things ruled out. Still having migraines despite the small bit of improvement.

I think that's it for now.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Hello, lovely friends. I have been absent. I have not stopped thinking of you.

My creativity is clogged like a fast food grease trap. My goal in August? To get unblocked. We'll see.

onesecondglance

pretending to be awake
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
Yay for magic words!

I have read aloud 74k over the past two days. My throat is tight. I will be very happy if I can get through the rest of the book this week, though I expect to be ponied (a little horse, geddit, yuk yuk yuk).

Zan75

Registered
Reaction score
Saoirse - Have fun in class
Liz - Hey hey, great to see you!
OSG - Congrats, enjoy the respite

July was a wash for me. Progress was made but not much. I decided to switch back to an earlier tale I was working on while I rethink my approach and research some things. I'm rereading / editing my way back to the where I stopped at and have gotten through about seven chapters so far.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Wrote a few thousand words yesterday on New Book, which started to click into place the other night while I was doing dishes. I had to toss out the first scene I'd thought of (kill your darlings, indeed!), but the whole thing works better without it.

Nice to see you, too, Zan! And congratulations, OSG, on finishing. :) :) Do relax for a while.

Saoirse, I hope you can relax a bit. I have my fingers crossed for you.

onesecondglance

pretending to be awake
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
How's everyone doing?

I've managed to wrangle together the dreaded 500 word synopsis and a couple of attempts at query letters over the last couple of days. Poking my eyes out might have been more pleasant, but at least I've done some prep for when I start querying (probably end of September).

I hope you've been having more fun than I have!

Zan75

Registered
Reaction score
Salutations all,

Hey Liz, nice to see you
OSG- Congrats on hitting another milestone for you project.

Moving right along on this end. Between the rewrites, deletions, and additions I've gained somewhere in the area of one thousand words so far.

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
::cheers all progress::

I'm still really swamped, but thought I'd check in. I got my MRI finally. Anxiously waiting for the results. Esperanto class is going well, except that I realized my pronunciation is for crap, so that's been interesting.No writing to speak of, not even poetry. The good news is that as of Sept 1st, I should get a breather. I'll have one proofreading job, but I'll have less going on and should theoretically have time to write.

So glad you're all being productive. Go team!