• This forum is specifically for the discussion of factual science and technology. When the topic moves to speculation, then it needs to also move to the parent forum, Science Fiction and Fantasy (SF/F).

If the topic of a discussion becomes political, even remotely so, then it immediately does no longer belong here. Failure to comply with these simple and reasonable guidelines will result in one of the following.
    1. the thread will be moved to the appropriate forum
    2. the thread will be closed to further posts.
    3. the thread will remain, but the posts that deviate from the topic will be relocated or deleted.
    Thank you for understanding.​

Medicine: Lyme disease vaccine found to be safe and effective in clinical trial

Introversion

Pie aren't squared, pie are round!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I know a vaccine for COVID is what we’re all hoping for, but Lyme is awful, and for those of us living in Tick Central, this is a very big deal!

https://www.newscientist.com/article/2250045-lyme-disease-vaccine-found-to-be-safe-and-effective-in-clinical-trial/

New Scientist said:
A vaccine against Lyme disease has been shown to be safe and effective in a clinical trial and could be available by 2025.

Tens of thousands of people in the US and Europe are diagnosed each year with Lyme disease, which is transmitted by tick bites and can cause lifelong health problems like joint and nerve pain if it isn’t treated early.

French company Valneva has developed a vaccine that works by stopping Lyme-causing bacteria in ticks from passing into people’s bloodstreams when the ticks bite. It does this …

Brightdreamer

Just Another Lazy Perfectionist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
brightdreamersbookreviews.blogspot.com
That would be great.

Someone I knew as a kid got Lyme disease and basically lost ten years of her life to it and attendant complications; I believe some of the damage is ongoing and permanent.