New flower in the garden box

TulipMama

Registered
Reaction score
Howdy all,

I'll start off with a clarification: I'm a dude, my handle is an affectionate nickname I refuse to part from borne of another forum where-in my maternal nature and love of greenery prompted the chatbox title I now cleave to.

Anyway, I'm an eager new writer with two novels in the post-writing mid-editing stage and I won't lie, I have come here primarily in search of people willing to peruse my work and call me out on my shenanigans. I also fully expect to find so much more as I have with every online community I've blundered into, whilst doing what I can to contribute in my own way.

Some personal bits:

I'm a mechanical engineer, and with that comes a certain amount of science/math brain-stuffing. If you have a question about general mechanics and physics, I'll gleefully put in my two cents to help with science realism in your book.

I am also a massive mythology nerd, and the fact that Thor is blond in everything he's portrayed in burns my buns something fierce.

Mixed in with all my life-long achievements are my kiddos and wife, which are and always will be my main priority. While I would absolutely love to toss hour after hour onto the temporal bon-fire that can be a forum, I admit I can only do so much T_T though I'll be tossing my hat into the beta-reader ring when I am able.

I look forward to meeting and discussing literary chicanery with you fine peeps!

Tulip Mama

Chase

It Takes All of Us to End Racism
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:, TM.

Congratulations on building your novels.

Some members here may wonder about the differences of various engineers, but it's my understanding all are connected. A for instance is a mechanical engineer builds weapons, while a civil engineer builds targets.

Sorry for the old campus joke. :e2paperba

Happy to have you here. :greenie

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given out.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

Try stopping by Writing Exercises, Prompts & Whimsical Pursuits and give the Flash Fiction Challenge a try.

ChaseJxyz

Writes 🏳️‍⚧️🌕🐺 and 🏳️‍⚧️🌕🐺 accessories
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chasej.xyz
Hello! I was a chemical engineering major for a few months so I'm always excited to see fellow STEM-ys in writing. There's a subforum for asking research questions and it would be cool to see your expert brain in there.

Welcome to the forum!

TulipMama

Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:, TM.

Congratulations on building your novels.

Some members here may wonder about the differences of various engineers, but it's my understanding all are connected. A for instance is a mechanical engineer builds weapons, while a civil engineer builds targets.

Sorry for the old campus joke. :e2paperba

Happy to have you here. :greenie

I am a Professional Mech Eng, so I truly understand the desire to reduce all standing civil engineering projects to component bits of concrete. I'm also a pacifist, so live and let live eh?

It's nice to see other engineers kicking about in these creative forums, I've always believed that the arts are the lubrication that lets my logical CAD drafting brain function.

I did pop into the research forum to see if there was anything I could toss a thought at, but alas, physics related explosions seemed well in hand by other highly smart people.

I will merrily take my time building up to 50 posts, I'm still editing so I'm in no hurry there :)

Also, where abouts would an aspiring critiquer find something to meander through?

Last edited: