Hello

Aegrin

Registered
Reaction score
Greetings from Poland. A little disclaimer first, I'm weird and my English is poor. So as you have been forewarned, I am Michael (technically Michał, but I like English version better). I write since elementary school, but I started writing professionally (I started being aware of my writing mistakes) two and half years ago. I used to thought one has to have extraordinary mind to come up with ideas to create a book. I discovered great booktubers and realized that ideas are cheap, magic lies within execution. I was learning basics from author's blogs, youtube, screenwriters interviews, Sanderson's lectures and such. Then I started to write my first draft - 30k words in two months. It was awful, I admit to you, but I was so glad I put it on a LCD page, cause now I was able to actually work on it, bit by bit, byte by byte.
I decided that I'm going to be full-time writer one day. Even if I am going to starve. I want to starve with a sense of accomplishment, rather than to live burden by regret I didn't have courage (I'm still cowardly person, but). Maybe one day someone will compare me to Rothfuss. Or Van Gogh.
My favourite authors: E.A. Poe and Daniel Handler. I'm geek about astronomy, anthropology and cognitive science, which all leaks into my books and probably already bored everyone around.
I'm not social person, actually I'm socialy-akward (knew I forgot to warn you about one more thing), but I do not bite. I cherish memories of old vallheru web browser roleplaying games, where so many amazing people gathered to write our own adventures and hang around. This is last sentence, you may start relaxing know.

AnnaMaria

Registered
Reaction score
Greetings fellow newbie!

Hello Aegrin, from a Polish/Belarusian heritage in Montana USA! So glad you came and no worries, each person is weird in their own quirky way :) I am not a writer actually, and so I feel quite privileged to have been allowed into this site and Forums lol It feels like I'm an under aged teenager sneaking into a bar or dance club for the first time haha! Now, that's weird. You are not a coward if you've put yourself out here to connect with other like minded souls. I hope that your first post is your last post in which you sell yourself short as there is magic in merely sharing a piece of yourself! I have come to this site looking for help, since I am not a writer, neither an English Lit major, nor anything like unto it, but I've written a small Guide that I desire to publish to help youth make better choices in life. I've come here seeking professional help lol. Btw, us Poles are quite creative, artistic and loving souls, it's in our DNA. My son served a mission for our church in Poland many years ago, and he is in love with his people and heritage and wishes to return there someday! I wish you all the best in your writing endeavors!

Greetings from Poland. A little disclaimer first, I'm weird and my English is poor. So as you have been forewarned, I am Michael (technically Michał, but I like English version better). I write since elementary school, but I started writing professionally (I started being aware of my writing mistakes) two and half years ago. I used to thought one has to have extraordinary mind to come up with ideas to create a book. I discovered great booktubers and realized that ideas are cheap, magic lies within execution. I was learning basics from author's blogs, youtube, screenwriters interviews, Sanderson's lectures and such. Then I started to write my first draft - 30k words in two months. It was awful, I admit to you, but I was so glad I put it on a LCD page, cause now I was able to actually work on it, bit by bit, byte by byte.
I decided that I'm going to be full-time writer one day. Even if I am going to starve. I want to starve with a sense of accomplishment, rather than to live burden by regret I didn't have courage (I'm still cowardly person, but). Maybe one day someone will compare me to Rothfuss. Or Van Gogh.
My favourite authors: E.A. Poe and Daniel Handler. I'm geek about astronomy, anthropology and cognitive science, which all leaks into my books and probably already bored everyone around.
I'm not social person, actually I'm socialy-akward (knew I forgot to warn you about one more thing), but I do not bite. I cherish memories of old vallheru web browser roleplaying games, where so many amazing people gathered to write our own adventures and hang around. This is last sentence, you may start relaxing know.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given out.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

Try stopping by Writing Exercises, Prompts & Whimsical Pursuits and give the Flash Fiction Challenge a try.