Help with image linking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liz_V

Not my first rodeo.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm trying to include an image in my post. I've read FAQ: How to Link To Images Properly and FAQ: Image Size Guidelines, and I'm not normally a tech-idiot, but I just can't get it to work.

Okay, says I, I'll just put a link to the image in the post, and folks can click that. So I do this, but when I click it, I get an otherwise-blank page that says "Not authorized". I can paste the same link address into my browser and the image loads just fine, including when I'm logged out of the host site.

Obviously I'm doing something wrong, but darned if I can see what. Help?

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
I'm trying to include an image in my post. I've read FAQ: How to Link To Images Properly and FAQ: Image Size Guidelines, and I'm not normally a tech-idiot, but I just can't get it to work.

Okay, says I, I'll just put a link to the image in the post, and folks can click that. So I do this, but when I click it, I get an otherwise-blank page that says "Not authorized". I can paste the same link address into my browser and the image loads just fine, including when I'm logged out of the host site.

Obviously I'm doing something wrong, but darned if I can see what. Help?

It works for me when I click the link Liz.

I suspect Dreamwidth has some anti-hotlinking protection happening, which is why the image won't embed.

Last edited:

Liz_V

Not my first rodeo.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It works for me when I click the link Liz.

Huh! So the link just doesn't work for the person who created it? (Presumably some weird thing with my old browser, but still, :Wha: )

Probably right about Dreamwidth. But hey, a link will do. Thanks!!

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It doesn't work for me, in case you're collecting data. I'm using Firefox, up to date, and I get a message that it can't be displayed because it displays an error. Let me go see if it works on another browser. BRB.

Okay, that's interesting. It works in Avast Secure and in Chrome, which is not up to date. (Love the flamingo, for the record.)

What browser are you using?

Maryn, whose front yard is all adult and boring, but the back...

Liz_V

Not my first rodeo.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
(Thanks!)

I'm using an old version of Opera. (Because Reasons.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.