Fascism — It is happening here, America, now

nighttimer

No Gods No Masters
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It is very telling that Beau looks like your stereotypical MAGA/Trumper and you're expecting to hear that drivel spilling out of his piehole.

Then Beau starts speaking, never yells, doesn't curse, and just talks. It's not what I expect, but it shows the danger of making assumptions based upon appearances. That's the secret to his success. You think he's going to give you one thing and he gives you something entirely different.

And he's right about fascism. When a government starts loosening a secret police upon citizens of a city, and ignoring the mayors, governors and representatives, to go in, crack heads, gas people, and disappear them without due process, THAT IS FASCISM.

Call it what it is.

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
doggedlywriting.blogspot.com
And he's right about fascism. When a government starts loosening a secret police upon citizens of a city, and ignoring the mayors, governors and representatives, to go in, crack heads, gas people, and disappear them without due process, THAT IS FASCISM.

Call it what it is.

Yep. There wasn't even an attempt to look like they were giving due process either: people are not being read their rights, are not being told the nature of the charges against them, and it's not even clear which agency is making these arrests.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/evange...stitutional-arrests-in-portland/#26d6a72812a6

Sounds an awful lot like "secret police" to me.

Introversion

Pie aren't squared, pie are round!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Beau definitely looks like a stereotypical MAGA redneck, but he’s a thoughtful speaker who puts together very cogent arguments delivered calmly. The first time I saw the video thumbnail on one of his Youtube posts, that people were recommending I watch, I wondered what fresh hell it was going to be and was very pleasantly surprised.

cbenoi1

Banned
Reaction score
This is from vlogger Beau of the Fifth Column. No real surprises, but he lays it out calmly and succinctly.

He's talking about Stephen Miller and William Barr, not Trump. Trump's way too dumb for that sort of scheming.

-cb

Introversion

Pie aren't squared, pie are round!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
He's talking about Stephen Miller and William Barr, not Trump. Trump's way too dumb for that sort of scheming.

A meaningless distinction, since voting for Trump is voting for guys like those.

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
And they are targeting the press. A federal judge has temporarily blocked the federal "police" from doing this for two weeks, thanks to a lawsuit filed by the ACLU on behalf of a group of legal observers and journalists.

https://www.npr.org/sections/live-u...targeting-press-and-legal-observers-in-portla

This is why I send money to the ACLU, even when I don't agree with every single stance they've taken over the years. Trump has been calling the press the "enemy of the people" for years, and now his thugs are attacking them physically. I hope the courts can still make a difference and at least put some brakes on our march to fascism.

Last edited:

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
One thing that really strange about this campaign strategy is it almost sounds like Trump is running against himself sometimes. The "America has gone to shit" and "we need law and order" platform is something that usually works for challengers, not incumbents. Because if America has descended into lawlessness and is circling the drain after four years of Trump, why should anyone want four more?

I don't even know if most Americans get this, though. Conventional wisdom has been tossed to the wayside in recent years.

Last edited:

Brightdreamer

Just Another Lazy Perfectionist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
brightdreamersbookreviews.blogspot.com
One thing that really strange about this campaign strategy is it almost sounds like Trump is running against himself sometimes. The "America has gone to shit" and "we need law and order" platform is something that usually works for challengers, not incumbents. Because if America has descended into lawlessness and is circling the drain after four years of Trump, why should anyone want four more?

I don't even know if most Americans get this, though. Conventional wisdom has been tossed to the wayside in recent years.

But that's not his fault - it's the Democrats, or the protestors, or the migrant caravan, or mail-in ballot fraud, or his Deep State enemies, or Big Mask, or the 5G radiation chemtrails... Just give him four more years and even more power and all the scary dissent will go away.

His campaign doesn't have to make sense. All he has to do is suck up oxygen and monopolize the media, planting just enough repeated doubt to confuse the issues (and drive the root cause of today's chaos from their minds, given the average American apparently has the memory of a mayfly)... enough that people don't vote blue (or at all), and he wins. (Especially if the stock market looks good, because apparently that's all it takes for many people to convince themselves the country's not on fire.)

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I expect all of us are going to vote. But I'm hearing more and more this claim Trump is going to win because 'reasons'.

Could be this is a campaign to once again get voters to stay home because they feel their votes won't matter? It's especially dangerous in areas the GOP is trying to suppress the vote by making polling places further away and harder to get to. People may be standing in long lines.

I'm just saying, be careful which memes you amplify. They might have unintended consequences.

We need to share this kind of news story. But we could do that with a caveat, "if we all vote that won't happen."

Last edited:

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
I expect all of us are going to vote. But I'm hearing more and more this claim Trump is going to win because 'reasons'.

Could be this is a campaign to once again get voters to stay home because they feel their votes won't matter? It's especially dangerous in areas the GOP is trying to suppress the vote by making polling places further away and harder to get to. People may be standing in long lines.

I'm just saying, be careful which memes you amplify. They might have unintended consequences.

We need to share this kind of news story. But we could do that with a caveat, "if we all vote that won't happen."

It is critical that people neither succumb to hopeless/helplessness nor to overconfidence because Trump is tanking in the polls. Hopefully 2016 has taught people how important their votes are.

The best insurance over the scenarios resulting from a close race or contested electoral college is to have such a high turnout neither of these things happen. This doesn't guarantee Trump won't try something, but it will make it harder for it to stand up in anything but a completely corrupt court. Roberts is no ally to the Left, but he has at least shown he's not automatically in lockstep with Trump and his goals. One thing to consider also is the man is basically a coward (checking out the white house bunker, anyone) and he appears to have an aversion to fights he can't win. He's great at reinventing narratives to change what actually happened in an attempt to save face, so if he gets his ass handed to him, he might make some excuse to step down and even insist he planned on being a one-termer all along. Sadly, this wouldn't mean he'd disappear. He could continue to agitate from the sidelines, since he's all about sowing discord and chaos.

It's hard to tell what this man might do, though. We should be ready for anything.

What terrifies me most is the possibility of Ginsberg dying before Nov, or even before Jan. You know Trump and his Senate cronies will cram a right wing replacement through at the speed of light. They don't give a rat's ass about being called hypocrites.