• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Seeking Beta Readers - YA Contemp Fantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.

BreeC

Registered
Reaction score
Hi there! My name is Bree, and I’m hoping to find a couple of willing beta readers to read an 86,000 word YA Contemporary Fantasy. I have the full out with an agent right now, but I’d love to get some more eyes on the project.

A little about the manuscript (this is the query blurb)...

When Mackenzie Wilder saves a boy from drowning, the last thing she expects is to be given the ability to see people’s lifespans. Tasked with the powers of a Liberant, Mackenzie is given a job she never asked for, but one she must rise to the challenge of: saving people from premature death.

Determined to make use of the gift she’s been given, Mackenzie seeks out other Liberants. Just when Mackenzie begins to feel comfortable with her new gifts, the Liberants start to receive threatening notes: be in a certain place at a certain time, or someone will die. Each time they follow as directed, and every time someone is murdered. That is, until Mackenzie sacrifices herself to a gunshot wound and no one dies.

Having made herself a target, Mackenzie’s family is forced into hiding, and her crew of Liberants must travel to New York City to learn how to stop their new threat, Trackers, before it’s too late. The last time Trackers came after Liberants, they were burned alive at the stake.

If this seems like something you'd be interested in reading, I'd love to connect. My PMs are open and I’ll be keeping an eye on this board!

Thanks so much,
Bree, xx

Last edited:

stalkingpillow

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Bree,

I would be interested in reading if you are still looking.

Thanks,

Arron

Status
Not open for further replies.