Need Help Embedding Fonts In Manuscript

maggiee19

Registered
Reaction score
Hi.

I came here because you guys always help me. I am trying to publish my book, but Lulu won't accept my Manuscript because not all the Fonts are embedded. How do I embed the Fonts? I am using Word 2016.

Thanks in advance
Maggie

onesecondglance

pretending to be awake
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
Hi Maggie,

Select File-Save As (as if you're going to save your document under a new name). Select the location you want to save to and it should come up with a file browser window. At the bottom of this window, next to the Save button, should be a small menu marked "Tools". Choose the "Save Options" item from this menu.

A new window of options will appear (this is the same as the main Word options menu, you've just reached it a different way). You should see a subsection called "Preserve fidelity when sharing". It should show the name of the document you're working on right next to the subsection heading - this means the options will apply just to this document rather than all your files. The first option in this subsection is "Embed fonts in this file".

Once you've selected this, you get a couple of extra choices - to embed only the characters you've used (i.e. if you haven't got any * symbols in your document, the * character won't get embedded - this makes the file a little smaller), and to not bother embedding system fonts (so if you had part of your file in Times New Roman and part in a much rarer typeface, only the rare part will be embedded because Times New Roman is installed by default on most computers). I've not used Lulu but I'd suggest unchecking "do not embed system fonts" to force it to embed regardless.

Hope this works!