Share Your Work isn't just for Posters

InkFinger

Registered
Reaction score
I have a subscription to Masterclass and I've been working my way through the writers. One of the things I find interesting and confirming is that all of them recommend working with others, specifically reading what your peers create and having your work read. I know that it takes a certain amount of courage to share you thoughts, and a ton more to put yourself out there for criticism.

I encourage each of you to get started. Come on out to E-SYW and give those brave souls a read. See what you can learn from them. When you are ready, post something yourself - criticism or work for criticism. More and more people come in every day, and more of those are posting too. We'd love to have you.

SYW isn't just for posters.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It bears repeating:

The flaws you see in someone else's work when you critique can help you find the flaws in your own work. For real.

A.P.M.

Registered
Reaction score
I would like to spend more time in SYW erotica. However, this has been stopping me:

I click on share your work. I scroll down to Erotica. Long load time.
I click on SWY Erotica, where there is one thread about the same rules I've read a thousand times. I click on the thread. Long load time.
I need to agree to the rules, for the thousandth time. I click to proceed. Long load time.
It created a new tab, and while doing so apparently signs me out, so I need to log in again. Long load time.
I finally get into SWY erotica. In the meantime, human civilization has decayed and evolved dolphins are taking over.

I'm being a bit whiny here, but am I doing something wrong that I need to go through all that single every time? If I'm determined to get something edited, I'll put up with it, but to check in quickly to edit something else, that rigamarole coupled with the long load times recently is a huge deterrent.

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
I would like to spend more time in SYW erotica. However, this has been stopping me:

I click on share your work. I scroll down to Erotica. Long load time.
I click on SWY Erotica, where there is one thread about the same rules I've read a thousand times. I click on the thread. Long load time.
I need to agree to the rules, for the thousandth time. I click to proceed. Long load time.
It created a new tab, and while doing so apparently signs me out, so I need to log in again. Long load time.
I finally get into SWY erotica. In the meantime, human civilization has decayed and evolved dolphins are taking over.

I'm being a bit whiny here, but am I doing something wrong that I need to go through all that single every time? If I'm determined to get something edited, I'll put up with it, but to check in quickly to edit something else, that rigamarole coupled with the long load times recently is a huge deterrent.

You need to have the Erotica password, which you obtain by sending me a statement that you want the password and that you are over 21.

If you have the current password (and I have no record of you being approved for access) then you need to:

Log off
Clear your cache and cookies
Log back in

Some security software for some users may also interfere; in that case, PM me and I'll work out a work around for you.

JakeSTamer

Registered
Reaction score
A.P.M. I subscribed to a thread in erotica SYW, so now when I want to go there instead of jumping through the hoops to get there I just go to subscriptions.

Liz_V

Not my first rodeo.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
In the meantime, human civilization has decayed and evolved dolphins are taking over.

LOL! Mostly replying just so I can quote that line.

I understand why the site's slow, and I'll certainly take that over it being down entirely. But yeah, it can be a deterrent.

I've also intermittently had the thing about getting logged out when going into SYW, FWIW. Clicking that little "Remember me" box when first logging in seems to help, but not perfectly.

I seem to find SYW a little... hard to find? I mean, it's right there on the main forum page, I know that, but it never seems to be quite where I expect it to be. I would definitely urge folks who mention on other threads that they've posted in SYW to include a link to their SYW thread.