Hello, world.

drawrite

Forever a Newbie
Registered
Reaction score
Good whatever time of day you're having--I'm drawrite, but call me Mal.
I'm new to forums in general but I discovered this after it showed up on a ton of websites. I was searching for a critique place for the writing side of things, of course.
So, let's see...genres. I'm currently working on a fantasy story, though it's got some horror stuff in it too. I'm not a well read person, which might make sense if you read some of my work, but I am getting into The Hobbit. Not much else of note.
I've probably started writing seriously, or at least working on something to share publicly, about two years ago, and have been writing for a bit longer than that.
I haven't beta read anything but I'd love to try it. I am pretty confident in my reading skills, though I'm very snooty so I might be blunt on critique, if you'll allow it. If the first paragraph doesn't catch me, I usually stop reading.
Lastly, going off the example questions...hobbies. I'm also a digital artist, and I draw things to accompany my writing! I'm an expert at nothing, fortunately. Less responsibility, and you can completely ignore everything I say! It's a win-win.

Well, that's it. I hope you have room for one more amateur writer here. I'm off to fix my profile things now.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given out.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

Try stopping by Writing Exercises, Prompts & Whimsical Pursuits and give the Flash Fiction Challenge a try.

jorlando

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Mal, welcome to AW.

I came to this forum just like you: new to forums, seeing Absolute Write come up every time I searched for places to get critiques. I get what you mean about the snootiness and wanting to get hooked or you are out. I've found the more I critique and read others' work the more this goes away.

That is really neat that you are able to draw an accompaniment to your writing, I'm quite jealous. I just have to draw in my own brain with my eyes closed and hope it gets the visual across.

drawrite

Forever a Newbie
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW

Hello, drawrite

Welcome to the forum.

Hi there! Thanks.

Hi Mal, welcome to AW.

I came to this forum just like you: new to forums, seeing Absolute Write come up every time I searched for places to get critiques. I get what you mean about the snootiness and wanting to get hooked or you are out. I've found the more I critique and read others' work the more this goes away.

That is really neat that you are able to draw an accompaniment to your writing, I'm quite jealous. I just have to draw in my own brain with my eyes closed and hope it gets the visual across.

Hello! Thanks for the welcome. And I think I've realized that too; I will usually push through and read because my desire to help/critique overpowers my impatience. Even so, I'll still be more critical with work that doesn't leave a big impression.

I drew before I wrote more, despite liking to write for a while, so writing is a bit of a secondary hobby. Until now, of course. I hope to improve with both and keep them equally important!