Hi. I must apologize

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nayya

Banned
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

First I want to say I am sorry. I believe I have gotten off on the wrong foot here. An admin said that " frankly I'm disgusted," after I posted my first query letter. They said I was taking advantage of this community but I want everyone to know that this is not true. I am not that type of person. I admit I made a mistake. I posted 50 posts like the rules said, in order to be able to get my query read. I was unable to open the stickies ( this site booted me to the sign-in whenever I clicked on it) and the rules I did read did not have a word limit on my comments. If they were to say, for example, each comment must be 500 words, I would have done it. The post I did make were crit on other queries while others were just comments. It is clear that many people were upset about that and I understand because it seems like I rushed it just to get my query posted and then leave. That is why I am here to apologize. I do not intend on posting and leaving. I was excited when I found this site and while I admit I was in a rush to post my query, that doesn't mean I was going to leave this community with nothing. I am an excited beginner writer, (as you can tell by reading this post) and I know my excitement got the best of me. That is why I am taking the time to write this. I want to correct the mistake I made. Today I will focus on writing in-depth replies today and contributing more.

Thank you so much for your time.

oh, I almost forgot to introduce myself.
My name is Nayya. I am an undergrad working on getting my bachelors degree. I plan on becoming a social worker who helps homeless children and children in foster care. Why? Because I was once a foster kid. I know what it's like to be one. I want to help children in the same way I was helped and guided. I want to do better.

Last edited:

Woollybear

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Nayya!

I saw all your posts yesterday... :) ... it happens from time to time, someone ratchets up 50 quick posts in a day or two and it's a decent bet they're looking to get critique as soon as possible. Take a breath, know you are in a community of good hearted people, and welcome!

Your goals are heartwarming. :)

Nayya

Banned
Reaction score
Thank you. I do feel like the way the admin worded things were very harsh, they could have been a little more respectful. Someone also messaged me to tell me not to feel down and that she thought the admin words were harsh as well. Now I feel like there will be a negative bias against me on this site. I do feel a little down in the dumps now. I was going to move on to writing my synopsis today but I'm feeling a little depressed because of this. unmotivated.

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
Ah heck. If a bit of a reprimand on a message board can keep you from working, maybe you're working on the wrong thing?

Woollybear

Registered
Reaction score
What seems to be true about community is we all have our days, and our strengths and our weaknesses. Everyone here is a little different from everyone else... = a community. Rolling with the punches (as best as we are able) is one possible strategy in such a diverse crowd.

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
What seems to be true about community is we all have our days, and our strengths and our weaknesses. Everyone here is a little different from everyone else... = a community. Rolling with the punches (as best as we are able) is one possible strategy in such a diverse crowd.

Wise words, indeed.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
MOD NOTE

I'm closing this. Nayya, you gave your apology. I am going to give you some advice. If you are going to remain a contributing member here, do not take an issue with a Mod or Admin in one room and complain about it in another.

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
Don't lie to a server Admin. We can check, and we'll uncover the lie.

Status
Not open for further replies.