Hi everyone!

rrobinsonwrites

Registered
Reaction score
Hi there! I'm Rebecca, and I'm all new to this forum. I'm really excited to get involved and interact with other writers - community is something crucial I long for in this hectic passion. I've been writing for as long as I can remember, primarily fantasy fiction, dabbling in both YA and Adult genres. My favorite aspects of fiction are character development and world building, but plotting makes me want to smack my head against the desk sometimes.

In my day job I'm an English teacher (I never escaped books, even when I tried). If I'm not reading, writing, or prepping lessons, I love being creative in the kitchen. I cook and bake far too frequently and as hard as I try to keep it clean, my stove is always a mess. Luckily the floor is cleaned up by my Siberian Husky and three cats. They're a great cleaning crew :)

My favorite color is: purple? Blue? Definitely one of those two.
Ice cream: Coffee with chocolate chips
Time of day: Twilight, when the sky fades in every color of blue.
Music: literally anything. If I had to pick an artist, it would be Dermot Kennedy.

Anyways. I'm really excited to meet you all!

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given out.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

Try stopping by Writing Exercises, Prompts & Whimsical Pursuits and give the Flash Fiction Challenge a try.

Pastelnudes

Registered
Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing you around.

My favourite colour is violet, and then blue, and then a sort of dusky, aged pink.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We call that time of day Magic Hour, when it seems like the air itself is tinted various shades of blue. Never mind that it rarely lasts more than 20 minutes.

A pleasure to have you join us, Rebecca. I look forward to seeing you around, although obviously I won't be at any poetry board. My brain doesn't quite work that way.

Maryn, with her hostess apron tied crooked

Fallen

Stood at the coalface
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jacklpyke.com
Dermot Kennedy! My lord: I've recently gotten into him and absolutely love the line: 'I'm in love with how your soul's a mix of chaos and art'. Perfect!

Welcome to the forum, Rebecca! And keep safe during those lessons!!