Expanding your comfort zone

InkFinger

Registered
Reaction score
I believe that one of the most important aspects of writing is our ability to explore things with words. I'm never going to murder anyone, but I've killed tons with words. I'm not gay, but I've been both gay and a lesbian on the page. I'm not black, but I've been black. One of my favorite characters is Native American. All of this should be done thoughtfully, but I feel like doing it makes me a better writer. This goes for genre too. I tend toward Science Fiction and Fantasy, but I've learned a lot writing horror. I want to learn how to write funny. Maybe you'd like to write sexy.

Share Your Work is a safe place to ply your trade and get valuable feedback from people that know something. Come on over to Erotica SYW and we will help you with the heat. We'll help you be thoughtful and real. And we'll be cool about it. It doesn't matter what your genre is, learning a little bit of this will help you with that. And for all of us in E-SYW, you should be roaming the other halls too. We could learn a lot from those folks.

Read something, write something, share something, and grow.

I look forward to seeing you out there.

Ink