thriller cover feedback (NEW COVERS #23)

Gregg Bell

Registered
Reaction score
None of those covers say "thriller" to me. They're too generic, especially the first one, which actually looks peaceful. If you stuck an embracing couple in the foreground you'd have a nice southern romance cover.

Is there a reason you're so married to this particular font?

Thanks mrsmig. I'm not married to anything really. The fonts in these last three is Bebas neue. In the first ones it was League Gothic.

Any suggestions?

Gregg Bell

Registered
Reaction score
2nd and 3rd kinda make a premise of something dangerous. Kinda. I would bet it is a story about documentary team in the Amazon forest. If I were looking for thriller I wouldn't bother to read the blurb of those ones.
1st is total miss. It sends vibes of anything but thriller.

Is this font final or just placeholder? It looks super generic. Simple is good, don't take me wrong. But sometimes too simple is not the best approach.

Thanks for the feedback, Aegrin. Font is not final. Any suggestions for a better font?

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I know it's common for thrillers to have bolded sans-serif fonts. I think what's bothering me about yours is (a) the glaring color, and (b) the sameness of the title, series name and author name fonts. You've changed the size a bit, but otherwise it's the same from line to line, which gives the covers a monotonous quality. Coupled with the generic cover art, it makes for a book that wouldn't catch my eye if I were in a bookstore or scrolling online.

Suggest you head over to Amazon, put "best selling thrillers" in the search bar, and have a look at what comes up.

Last edited: