• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta readers / swap required for 72k YA Steampunk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loke1997

Registered
Reaction score
Edit: I got a brilliant response on this, and I'm going to have to be closed to critique swaps for now. I'm still open if anybody is looking to beta read of course. Thank you!

If you're interested in some steampunk, well mister, you best just keep on readin'.

Pitch:
In the frosty wildwoods of a distant moon, Lowa Amazaki lives by a rule that is particular to girls like her: no boyfriends allowed. This is because Lowa is one of those whose hearts warp space and time, and stimulation could result in a dangerous jump through both.

But when Lowa is hunted by people that want to rip her heart from her chest and use it for their steam-powered war machines, Lowa needs a way to escape. Recently, a girl named Aurora has been making advances, and well, nobody ever said anything about having girlfriends. But as Lowa will soon find out, she was meant to keep her enchanted heart from going into overdrive for good reason, because messing with spacetime can lead to terrifying outcomes...

Why choose me: I'm 100% free from now until the beginning of September, so I'll be able to read and comment your entire manuscript in a matter of days. I also have a degree in Physics, so hard sci-fi is right up my alley.

What kind of novels I would like to read: Ideally YA sci-fi/fantasy.

What I'm looking for in a beta/critique partner: Ideally somone that can flag up anything that they think is an issue, or leave any other comments. Doesn't have to be super detailed. I like to be firm but gentle in my critiques.

Please send me a PM if you're interested, and I'll send you my first three chapters so you can see if you'd like to take it further. For critique partners, I would also like to have a look at some of your work to tell if we're a good fit.

☆ミ Let's break into the sci-fi/fantasy market together ☆彡

Last edited:

Drascus

Registered
Reaction score
Yo! I'm a sucker for gay YA. I'm writing my second such novel right now. Your book sounds fun, especially because I read the first two sentences of your pitch and was already on the "but what about a girlfriend" train. :) I am fairly busy with a full time job and a couple of kids but that doesn't mean I'm a super slow responder. I read fast and I will make sure to respond at least weekly.

I have a YA secondary world fantasy novel that I would love to have critiqued, especially for the opening, as I'm getting ready to seriously query it. The book has had some beta readers but they were mostly friends / family.

I will also PM you but I like to comment in these threads because otherwise these posts seem so lonely!

Status
Not open for further replies.