2020 Summer Solstice Sekret Sequel Something Speedround

Coddiwomple

shipwrecked in antiquity
Registered
Reaction score
You know what? Okay. I'll throw my hat into the ring.

Hey, welcome to the party, armgrab! Is it a sparkly orange hat? Cuz we can have more than one.

(See, Kevin? Norm hasn't scared anyone away. Yet.)

Jaymz Connelly

Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree
Registered
Reaction score
I totally want to see that hat, Norm!

Hats for everyone! (that means, for this sisyfus, everyone needs to put a hat on their avatar *g*)

Also, armgrab, yes, PM Kev with your email addy.

Norman Mjadwesch

vacuous eyes, will bark at shadows
Registered
Reaction score
I totally want to see that hat, Norm!

Hats for everyone! (that means, for this sisyfus, everyone needs to put a hat on their avatar *g*)

Also, armgrab, yes, PM Kev with your email addy.

Well someone knows how to play the long game! Looky here, a kookaburra with a hat. Did anyone see that one coming?

Jaymz Connelly

Registered
Reaction score
Nice hats, Coddi (nice touch putting one on the background statue too!) and Kev!

*g* I should have my winter hat on, but I seem to have lost that avatar. I have far too many folders.

Norman Mjadwesch

Registered
Reaction score
Hmm. I was brought up to resist peer pressure, but whatever.

ANY snide comments will see my avi naked again! :D

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
It's a fine hat, Norman. Everybody with a hat is now promoted to Tier Omega, where we all get to select an extra-special secret prompt we must swear a blood oath never to reveal.*

*Warning: Prompt may get sexy.

eyeblink

Barbara says hi
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry, but I believe upside-down rooks can only hail from Down Under. Because, you know.

If that's the case, this Aussiephile may hang upside down in solidarity.

Though Barbara and her patented hard stare wishes to inform everyone that she will not in any circumstances be hanging upside down. And certainly not without wearing trousers.

Norman Mjadwesch

Registered
Reaction score
It's a fine hat, Norman. Everybody with a hat is now promoted to Tier Omega, where we all get to select an extra-special secret prompt we must swear a blood oath never to reveal.*

*Warning: Prompt may get sexy.

Bloody oath, cobber!

Hats look great Norm and Alby!

I'm quite sure you're proud of yourself, too. :)

Last edited:

Woollybear

Registered
Reaction score
Wait... Woollybear... first the name change, and now you've JOINED TEAM CANINE? But you're my queen! :cry:

Aw, I'm just gettin' all confused by the rules--it seemed like dogs get extra votes.

(Besides, that's just the hound. I ride my amazing, truly stellar horse with the hound running alongside.)

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
OMG, you all have hats. (Except for Eyeblinkk, but then Barbara only wears a hat when she wants to and that's a good rule). And I finally get to see Albedo's real face.

To receive your special secret TIER OMEGA writing prompt, please send a blank check made out to Sisyphus Solution Inc, C/O Crazy Jose's Corn-Distilled Liquor and VHS Emporium, 111 Bad Part of Town Road. For those of you without the hats or who cannot afford the ridiculous buy-in cost for TIER OMEGA, the prompt is just me asking for a hundred page essay on why Farscape was the best show ever and you are not invited to disagree.

shortstorymachinist

The score is still Q to 12!
Registered
Reaction score
the prompt is just me asking for a hundred page essay on why Farscape was the best show ever and you are not invited to disagree.

Jokes on you, I'm gonna write one page about why Farscape was the GOAT and ninety-nine pages on why no one gets to disagree with you.

"Farscape and Communicative Models: The Underlying Tyranny of Kjbartolotta"

Everything but the abstract will be behind a paywall though.

Woollybear

Registered
Reaction score
Heya there, are we supposed to be voting yet?

It's like mid July and I have no idea how that happened.

Last edited:

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
Jokes on you, I'm gonna write one page about why Farscape was the GOAT and ninety-nine pages on why no one gets to disagree with you.

"Farscape and Communicative Models: The Underlying Tyranny of Kjbartolotta"

Everything but the abstract will be behind a paywall though.

I am fine with this, also can't believe how fast you were finding a C&H panel with hats. I woulda gone with Spaceman Spiff, but game recognizes game.

If you want to make out a larger check I can bump you up to TIER UNICORN ULTRABLACK, the secret prompt for that one is 'Winchester bros from Supernatural, hot or super-hot?'

Heya there, are we supposed to be voting yet?

It's like mid July and I have no idea how that happened.

Friday! And might I say that beret is so darling and I can't tell if that (also darling) dog is a small ofor a big one. Unfortunately & despite Norman's wicked disinformation, dog avi's will not get you more votes.

Jaymz Connelly

Registered
Reaction score
I'm quite sure you're proud of yourself, too. :)

I am, actually. I never really expected anyone to act on my comment. :)

ajaye - your hat... :ROFL:

I'm totally feeling the love of everyone wearing hats! You all made a rainy day so much brighter! :e2grouphu

ajaye

partial to a gum tree
Registered
Reaction score
OMG, you all have hats. (Except for Eyeblinkk, but then Barbara only wears a hat when she wants to and that's a good rule). And I finally get to see Albedo's real face.

To receive your special secret TIER OMEGA writing prompt, please send a blank check made out to Sisyphus Solution Inc, C/O Crazy Jose's Corn-Distilled Liquor and VHS Emporium, 111 Bad Part of Town Road. For those of you without the hats or who cannot afford the ridiculous buy-in cost for TIER OMEGA, the prompt is just me asking for a hundred page essay on why Farscape was the best show ever and you are not invited to disagree.

*pops blank cheque in the post*

*scours ebay for Farscape DVDs because OMG I HAVEN'T SEEN IT and 371 unwatched DVDs in the cupboard won't stop me buying more*

I am, actually. I never really expected anyone to act on my comment. :)

ajaye - your hat... :ROFL:

I'm totally feeling the love of everyone wearing hats! You all made a rainy day so much brighter! :e2grouphu

*doffs snazzy hat at Jay* :Hug2:

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
*pops blank cheque in the post*

*scours ebay for Farscape DVDs because OMG I HAVEN'T SEEN IT and 371 unwatched DVDs in the cupboard won't stop me buying more*

Still one of my favorite SF shows. Weird, colorful, zany, never took itself too seriously and great, great characters. But, seeing as you've mailed me money (or just stuff some spare jewelry in an envelope) you don't actually have to send me the essay.

Brightdreamer

Just Another Lazy Perfectionist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
brightdreamersbookreviews.blogspot.com

If you're serious about watching it, Farscape is definitely one that takes a while to find its feet. At its height, though, some iconic SF.