2020 Summer Solstice Sekret Sequel Something Speedround

AnnieColleen

Invisible Writer
Registered
Reaction score
Brb, gotta go add some rock'n'roll!

...and, sent. Not quite the last minute; I'll have to try harder next time.

Last edited:

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
We are close, but I'm still have a few people who haven't given me stories/samples. So so close...

Norman Mjadwesch

vacuous eyes, will bark at shadows
Registered
Reaction score
Just because, I think we should all wear our hats again next time. I might even keep mine on for a bit longer; it’s quite fetching, I think.

Oh, and Jaymz? Please do not make any suggestions about dress code that some of us might not be comfortable with. With power comes great responsibility. :)

shortstorymachinist

The score is still Q to 12!
Registered
Reaction score
Just because, I think we should all wear our hats again next time. I might even keep mine on for a bit longer; it’s quite fetching, I think.

Oh, and Jaymz? Please do not make any suggestions about dress code that some of us might not be comfortable with. With power comes great responsibility. :)

Me too, I'll be keeping the newspaper hat look a while longer. Maybe next year we can all wear chokers! Oh wait...Norman that's probably your daily wear, isn't it. :p

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
So, so soooooooo close. Gonna see what shows up in my inbox today, probably gonna have to pull the plug soon but I'm gonna let it ride a bit longer for the folks I'm still waiting on.

Jaymz Connelly

Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree
Registered
Reaction score
Just because, I think we should all wear our hats again next time. I might even keep mine on for a bit longer; it’s quite fetching, I think.Oh, and Jaymz? Please do not make any suggestions about dress code that some of us might not be comfortable with. With power comes great responsibility. :)
What, you don't want to wear white go-go boots and a psychedelic mini dress? *g* (Just kidding, the dress would hamper my ability to fly)But in all seriousness, I've really enjoyed seeing everyone's avatars wearing jaunty hats for this shindig. :)

Coddiwomple

shipwrecked in antiquity
Registered
Reaction score
I had Plans that did not make to the Promised Land of Fruition.™ Gave up on the story I wanted to write, and submitted my back-up. It's notmybestmumblemumble feet scuff mumble

But it's SENT.

Coddiwomple

shipwrecked in antiquity
Registered
Reaction score
What, you don't want to wear white go-go boots and a psychedelic mini dress? *g* (Just kidding, the dress would hamper my ability to fly)But in all seriousness, I've really enjoyed seeing everyone's avatars wearing jaunty hats for this shindig. :)

JAYMZ.

PLEASE.

Don't give him ideas!!!

:scared:

shortstorymachinist

The score is still Q to 12!
Registered
Reaction score
I had Plans that did not make to the Promised Land of Fruition.™ Gave up on the story I wanted to write, and submitted my back-up. It's notmybestmumblemumble feet scuff mumble

But it's SENT.

Sent stories are the best stories! Plus all Coddi stories have been so shiny IME.

Brightdreamer

Just Another Lazy Perfectionist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
brightdreamersbookreviews.blogspot.com
What's an MSTie? My mother used to have a pair of gold ankle boots. We all used to call them her 'Peter Pan getaway boots'. *g*

A MSTie is one who watches and enjoys a show called Mystery Science Theater 3000, whose premise was a man who was forced to watch bad movies by an evil scientist; he and his sidekick robots made jokes to stay sane.

One popular episode of this show was a go-go themed movie, The Girl in Gold Boots, about a girl who goes to LA to fulfill dancing dreams only to wind up torn between two boys and the drug dealer who runs the dance club. The club dancers wear gold boots.

The link was to a skit done on the show during this episode, which features dancing and gold boots.

It was a joke.

Jaymz Connelly

Registered
Reaction score
Oh, I see. We don't have that show here under the big giant rock. It sounds funny.

I figured it was a joke, but I didn't know what MSTie meant, and I wanted to find out. :)

Norman Mjadwesch

vacuous eyes, will bark at shadows
Registered
Reaction score
Me too, I'll be keeping the newspaper hat look a while longer. Maybe next year we can all wear chokers! Oh wait...Norman that's probably your daily wear, isn't it. :p

You jest, but a few years ago…

Okay, so I went to the pet store to buy supplies. Sue me. How was I supposed to know that there are rules about how to carry things around? I wanted to go hands free! Jeez.

No. I don’t. How did you guess?

But it was a good guess, I’ll give you that. If you maintain that strike rate, you’ll be a force to be reckoned with come the guessinating phase.

JAYMZ.

PLEASE.

Don't give him ideas!!!

:scared:

Some of the best ideas for stories come from you guys. :)

I don’t accept any responsibility at all.

Last edited:

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
Ok, still got some participants who haven't submitted their story yet, might hafta pull the plug soon. Due to avoidant Pisces personality traits and too much other crap I gotta do this week, I am extremely disinclined to hunt people down in their inboxes and demand stories. No harm no foul as far as I'm concerned, but if nothing shows up by say...tmrw night, then I'm going ahead with the Guessing.

Friendly Frog

Snarkenfaugister
Registered
Reaction score
I'd agree, Kevin.

I mean, love you folks and all, but ... it's been three days. *hugs*

I can understand people may freeze up completely at just the thought of not being finished on time. Or whatever other reason, I'm not judging.

But please, just embrace the 'story does not have to be finished or polished' rule and send whatever you have in, if you haven't forgotten about the Sequel Sisyphus entirely or something. Still not judging, it's 2020; we understand. My story is horribly unpolished and cringingly so. It happens.

Embrace the rule!

I want a guessing thread. I got bad news today (actually it's a bundle of bad news, all nicely waiting for it to be monday) and need something nice or I'm actually going to kick something. I can has guessing thread, pretty please?

Last edited:

eyeblink

Barbara says hi
Registered
Reaction score
Barbara says that as y'all are wearing hats for the duration of this Sisyphus, why should she be different?

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
Oh dear, I was just about to take mine off but now Barbara's got one and is now on horseback.

Jaymz Connelly

Registered
Reaction score
So... what's happening? Here it is the end of September, and I don't want to be obnoxious but... are we doing a guessing thread?

Sue77

Registered
Reaction score
Yes, we are. Kevin was waiting on some latecomers until this evening, 29th Sept. It's evening where he is now, so I expect he's setting the Guessing Thread up as I type. Not long to go... 🙂