Glad to be here!

Sunsdragon

Registered
Reaction score
Hey everybody, pleasure to meet you all! It took me 15 minutes of stressing over not being able to start a thread to figure out that I wasn't logged in, that will probably tell you everything you need to know about me haha. I was an obsessive reader as a kid, which led to writing some random short stories and lots of poetry, but I got away from all of that as I grew up. Too many hits on the head later, somehow I've rediscovered these passions and I couldn't feel more grateful (especially with the state of the world from Covid, it was definitely the right time to fall back into books). Anyways I've been writing and reading a bunch, reading about writing and writing about reading too. Found out about the community here and figured I'd see if I could come throw in with you all. I've never been a part of a forum or an online community (if you don't the time I thought I was developing telekinesis when I was 10) so I'm quite excited! Personally I enjoy reading classics and literary, as well as romance and high fantasy as well as some different sci fi genres and historical fiction too. A little bit of everything. Most of what I've written has been an attempt at more grounded literary-esque stuff though. I can't wait to contribute, beta-read, and generally just get to everybody! Thanks all.
Sunsdragon

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given out.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

Try stopping by Writing Exercises, Prompts & Whimsical Pursuits and give the Flash Fiction Challenge a try.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It's our pleasure to welcome you here, Sunsdragon. If you take the time to read the links in regdog's post, you'll learn a whole lot of the ins and outs of how the site works, as well as get a feel for the place. If something's not clear, we're glad to explain further or differently.

Maryn, pleased to meet you