Angry Robot 2020 Open Door

EmmaSkysong

Registered
Reaction score
Reactions: GeekTells and MaeZe

phantom000

Registered
Reaction score
Are these guys legit? I don't know that much about the publishing industry so i am wondering if i should send in my manuscript.

Woollybear

Registered
Reaction score
Yes, they are legitimate. They are on the 'good' list.

Siwyenbast

Registered
Reaction score
Ooh, though I would love to submit to them, I don't have anything that hits 60k words at this point. Maybe if my idea for a galactic pirates was finished, I'd do it, but not atm. I'll root for ya'll though.

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I could submit my YA/NA Sci Fi, but it would only be practice for a rejection letter. They specifically don't want the genre I'm writing in.

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
Are these guys legit? I don't know that much about the publishing industry so i am wondering if i should send in my manuscript.

Very much so. Respected pro publisher with wide distribution. My crit pal is with them. This is a significant opportunity.

phantom000

Registered
Reaction score
Very much so. Respected pro publisher with wide distribution. My crit pal is with them. This is a significant opportunity.

My trouble is i don't have anything even close to 60,000 words that I feel confident enough to submit.

khanwong

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you for posting this. I'm querying agents now with a recently completed 96K scifi...I think I will do this too!

GeoWriter

Registered
Reaction score
I made the submission window just under the wire! I missed the 2017 open door, but have followed other open door discussions on AW and they can, indeed, be fun, even for those (majority) who are not selected!

GeoWriter

Registered
Reaction score
I notice that there is a lot less interest/activity/commisseration/obsessing about this open door than some in the past. Has anyone gotten an invite? Is anyone enjoying the wait in silence?

K. Q. Watson

Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Waiting in silence. Sweet, sweet silence.
I don't remember how long it was before people started hearing back last time.

DrFaerieGodmother

Villainy is merely an issue of POV.
Registered
Reaction score
I'm also waiting, but the last one was a no response means no, so there's a lot less tracking that can be done from the outside. And publishing is very slow.

Finger's crossed!

GeoWriter

Registered
Reaction score
Well, good luck to all who are waiting. If any of you get an invite for a closer look at your work, please feel free to share the good news!

khanwong

Registered
Reaction score
I got a request for the full manuscript yesterday! I sent it last night. Now to wait some more...!

khanwong

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks everybody! I keep wanting to check my email even though it's only been a few days! Just have to surrender to the wait now.