Angry Robot 2020 Open Door

khanwong

Registered
Reaction score
Still waiting to hear from the robots (not surprised, it's only been seven weeks but who's counting lol). However, since I mentioned in my query that it's a "standalone with series potential," I went ahead and wrote the blurbs and synopses for books 2 & 3...just in case. Trying to be zen about this part.

khanwong

Registered
Reaction score
Last edited:

CameronJohnston

Great Old One
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cameronjohnston.net
It's been a while! Just wanted to let you all know that Angry Robot is publishing my novel, The Circus Infinite, in March 2020.

Book page on the publisher website: https://www.angryrobotbooks.com/shop/year/2022/the-circus-infinite/
Acquisition announcement: https://www.thebookseller.com/news/angry-robot-over-moon-one-wong-1260843

I'm absolutely thrilled! I wanted to share the news here as soon as it happened, but then the site went down. So glad it's back!

Big Congratulations! :)

Reactions: MaeZe

Unimportant

No COVID yet. Still masking.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, waylander!

Lady MacBeth

Out, damn'd spot! out, I say.
Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone heard anything from the 2022 Angry Robot Open Door?

Nether

is walking the plank at a pirate-themed water park
Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone heard anything from the 2022 Angry Robot Open Door?

Not me, but I might've just missed the cutoff with my sub anyway since I was subbing at the last second that day.

iirc, they had something that said it could take as long as 6 months to hear back... or maybe it was anything past 6 months is a reject. Given I'm not sure whether my email (I think it was an email) made it in time, I won't know if I was rejected on that or the query itself. Fun times.

Mere Inkling

Registered
Reaction score
FWIW I haven't heard anything either. I can confirm that they say if you haven't heard anything in 6 months, then they're not interested.

Reactions: Lady MacBeth

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
Angry Robot tweeted on Nov 24th that they have now considered all the submissions received (900) and have replied to the authors of those they are interested in. If you have heard nothing consider this a rejection.
I have heard nothing - c'est la vie

Reactions: onesecondglance

Nether

is walking the plank at a pirate-themed water park
Registered
Reaction score
In my case, I'm not sure it even got considered because I was possibly too close to the window closing =x

Reactions: waylander