Trial Vaccine Approved for Military Use: China

Snitchcat

Dragon-kitty.
Registered
Reaction score
Ad5-nCOV is the trial vaccine that has been approved for use by the People's Liberation Army (PLA), but not for civilian use.

So far, however, this trial vaccine has passed only stages one and two; it needs to pass a third stage to be licensed for use. But, the spread of COVID-19 in China isn't suitable, so an agreement has been reached with Canada for stage three testing.

There are another six candidate vaccines still in development and testing / trial in China.

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/sci...approves-use-experimental-coronavirus-vaccine

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
China vaccinating their army is going to set off a slew of conspiracy theories and I would not be surprised to see Trump amplifying them.

I'm glad to see China partnering with Canada for phase three testing. At first I was worried they were using the army for said third phase testing.

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
The cynic in me says "Yeah, Canadians - cheaper than lab rats." But if testing is done in conjunction with Canada, at least it would be a second pair of eyes on the results, with the added reliability that brings.
And, considering that the US has apparently bought up the world supply of remdesivir, anything the rest of the world can do to protect ourselves is worth a few strange bedfellows.

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The cynic in me says "Yeah, Canadians - cheaper than lab rats." But if testing is done in conjunction with Canada, at least it would be a second pair of eyes on the results, with the added reliability that brings.
And, considering that the US has apparently bought up the world supply of remdesivir, anything the rest of the world can do to protect ourselves is worth a few strange bedfellows.

I do not believe Canada will forego standard phase three protocols. What this means if the vaccine is safe and effective is that you guys will have vaccine before the US. Let Trump whine about that for a while.