• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta's needed for YA Pirate Fantasy 80K

Status
Not open for further replies.

hjrey

Registered
Reaction score
Hi!

I'm looking for beta readers for my YA Pirate Fantasy novel, complete at 80K. The MS has been edited but this is my first ever completed novel so I am expecting to make some significant developmental changes. Really I'm looking for readers to tell me their opinions on the characters, setting and story. At this point, I'm not asking for grammar or line checks (though if you notice anything super glaring, I have no issues in hearing about it!)

Happy to do a beta swap if you have a full MS that you think can be a match. I do have published short stories in magazines and have been shortlisted in writing competitions, including a Novel Opening chapter for this story, so I wouldn't say I'm a complete newbie.

If you're interested, please either message on this thread or PM me. I suggest to send you/or exchange if you have a MS to read also, the first few chapters. For me, the first three chapters are approximately 7,000 words and I think representational enough of the novel.

Thanks in advanced for any help I received - all will be greatly appreciated!

Kewii

Registered
Reaction score
If you're able to wait a week, I'd be happy to look at the first few chapters. I don't have a completed MS myself, but I'm always looking for something to read :)

hjrey

Registered
Reaction score
If you're able to wait a week, I'd be happy to look at the first few chapters. I don't have a completed MS myself, but I'm always looking for something to read :)

Hey Kewii, that would be great, thanks! Please just feel free to message me when you have the reading time and I'll send over the first few chapters.

Loke1997

Registered
Reaction score
Hey hjrey, I would love to do a swap for your pirate fantasy, if you still need readers. I'll send you a PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.